Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Wolffy

12 ribbon ccr screen

Recommended Posts

Needing a few new 12 ribbon ccr screen sequences. 

My goal is to learn how to sequence the RGB/CCR/DMX items I have by next year LOL

Would be happy to share what I have & Buy what you have! 

Thanks, Wolffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 12 from them from Wow they are great.I am looking for some new for this season like Do you want to build a snowman, I want a hippopotamus, God bless American something to mix it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wolffy said:

I have 12 from them from Wow they are great.I am looking for some new for this season like Do you want to build a snowman, I want a hippopotamus, God bless American something to mix it up

Get SuperStar license and get JAmes Morris free sequences. There is a feature in SS that will allow you to convert from any # to any #. It takes all of 15 seconds to accomplish.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Wow lights sells 12 string ccr sequences 

OT- I tested the RGB floods in my house last night. No light on except the,. I was testing on The Greatest Show sequence. My neighbor came hom from work and for a moment was about to call the police thinking there was gunshots. And then he saw some red and blue lights and thought I may have had a party.

They are great. Now I need about 9 more

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR I have Super Star ( Have never used it yet) missed the expo where I planned to learn.

So What do I need to look for? I have found a 24 matrix screen sequence, if I purchase it can I then convert it to 12?

Thanks so much for the help already I everyone is getting busy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wolffy said:

JR I have Super Star ( Have never used it yet) missed the expo where I planned to learn.

So What do I need to look for? I have found a 24 matrix screen sequence, if I purchase it can I then convert it to 12?

Thanks so much for the help already I everyone is getting busy

 

If you have the correct SS ccr upgrade yes you can convert it

You also need to get the SUP file.

Im not sure where you are buying the sequence from but I will throw this out there. If you buy from HS they include the sup file

once you have that file 

1. - make a copy of the sup and rename it with copy or something

2- open SS

3- file/ open/ your purchased sup

4- tools

5- move or scale selected effects

6- you will get a warning- something about once you change it you can’t go back- that is why I asked you to make a copy of the original sup

7- the upper half of the next box is filled but disregard it, just move down and select the “scale” bubble

8- input your source width - in your case probably 50

9- input your source height - in your case probably 24

10- input your destination width - 50

11- input destination height - 12

”ok”

Done

once you do a couple it only takes probably 30 seconds from 1- done

Imparrative that you have the purchased/ donor sup file

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't shoot me...How is HS?  On Ebay Boise-Chris ( Chris S ) youtube His matrix is 24 strands I think I was going to get hippo for xmas and want to build a snowman.

Its so hard to find the rgb mega tree, ccr screen and the tree faces of the same song when you haven't master programing.

Just didn't want to buy a $60 matrix only to find I can't use it ( convert it)

Thanks so much for your help. Don't know how you get your show done with all you do here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is HS. Silly auto correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wolffy said:

Who is HS. Silly auto correct

HolidaySequences

they put out really nice work.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several of their sequences. So do I buy the matrix sequence for my 12 ribbon ccr screen to convert right? not the 12 ribbon tree they offer.

I feel I am getting dumber by the minute LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Wolffy said:

I have several of their sequences. So do I buy the matrix sequence for my 12 ribbon ccr screen to convert right? not the 12 ribbon tree they offer.

I feel I am getting dumber by the minute LOL

Correct, buy the matrix to convert to matrix.

I was gonna add to it but will save the confusion.

I get my stuff done very slowly LOL 

JR

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am assuming you do know how to export from SS to SE and then copy / paste to your config

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HS said the matrix would not convert to 12 ribbon ccr. But he did offer to sell me a matrix screen LOL, so now I am stumped. and No I know it has to be change but have never use SS yet.

Wolffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wolffy said:

HS said the matrix would not convert to 12 ribbon ccr. But he did offer to sell me a matrix screen LOL, so now I am stumped. and No I know it has to be change but have never use SS yet.

Wolffy

If you have the .sup and the correct CCR license it will convert.

I purchased Thriller last year after the SS conversion update and tested it, it converted.

Shoot me a PM with a cell and I will make you a short video of one of my purchased HS matrix sequences.

I have tested on trees and matrix both enlarge and reduce. 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you have the correct SS ccr upgrade yes you can convert it

You also need to get the SUP file.

Im not sure where you are buying the sequence from but I will throw this out there. If you buy from HS they include the sup file

once you have that file 

1. - make a copy of the sup and rename it with copy or something

2- open SS

3- file/ open/ your purchased sup

4- tools

5- move or scale selected effects

6- you will get a warning- something about once you change it you can’t go back- that is why I asked you to make a copy of the original sup

7- the upper half of the next box is filled but disregard it, just move down and select the “scale” bubble

8- input your source width - in your case probably 50

9- input your source height - in your case probably 24

10- input your destination width - 50

11- input destination height - 12

”ok”

Done

once you do a couple it only takes probably 30 seconds from 1- done

Imparrative that you have the purchased/ donor sup file

JR

Anyone reading these

I did miss a step, discovered when I made the OP a video of a conversion.

after step # 3 above you need to go to "edit" and select the portion of the sequence you want to modify. In this case "select all". Once you do that you will continue to step #4. 

My apologies, I was writing that and setting up HAlloween props 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The input height and destination #s. Is that the height & length of the screen? Just wanting to understand a bit of what I am doing. I will be getting several sequences from HS. They have a great selection to choose from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, depending on your matrix config. 

If your matrix is horizontal 12 X 50  it would look like a large screen tv with the height being 12 ribbons/ strings tall and the width would be the number of pixels in this case 50

Here is what I was going to add yesterday

A tree is just a matrix turned vertically so if you wanted to stand your matrix up then it would be 12 wide by 50 tall - resembling one of those full body mirrors

I sent you the videos through email last night.

As you can see the conversion worked great.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank yoou very much. My show was limited because 12x50 matrix are rare. Now I have a few more songs I can add. Greatest Showman looks amazing!

 

There appears to be a few errors, but not a big deal.

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 9, 2018 at 6:03 AM, dibblejr said:

Yes, depending on your matrix config. 

If your matrix is horizontal 12 X 50  it would look like a large screen tv with the height being 12 ribbons/ strings tall and the width would be the number of pixels in this case 50

Here is what I was going to add yesterday

A tree is just a matrix turned vertically so if you wanted to stand your matrix up then it would be 12 wide by 50 tall - resembling one of those full body mirrors

I sent you the videos through email last night.

As you can see the conversion worked great.

JR

JR  are you saying in SS you can covert.  Ccr 12 string tree into a horizontal 12 string matrix ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

JR  are you saying in SS you can covert.  Ccr 12 string tree into a horizontal 12 string matrix ? 

Yes you can, however if there are images and words in it they will have to be corrected. (rotated and x/y orientation corrected)

If its a similar prop such as horizontal matrix to horizontal matrix virtually no work required. Same as a tree. However going from one to the other requires some work. Now going from a matrix to a tree is a little easier because most images will display withing the first horizontal number of rows. If you have a 24X50 matrix and want to take that to a tree then the images normally will show up in either the top or bottom 24 rows.

If it is prop for prop - tree to tree/ matrix to matrix it only takes a few seconds to convert. Normally no problems.

I don't have a clue what Ken27 is referring to since he posted in a thread that he wasn't in. Maybe he will elaborate.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
added .... rotated and x.y .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Wolffy said:

HS said the matrix would not convert to 12 ribbon ccr. But he did offer to sell me a matrix screen LOL, so now I am stumped. and No I know it has to be change but have never use SS yet.

Wolffy

I just reread this and figured out what Rob / HS may be talking about.

It sounds like he may have thought you were buying the matrix sequence to use as a 12ccr tree.

The same type of info Dennis just asked about.

You can do that but requires a lot of effort to rotate the images and words etc. Much easier to go tree to tree or matrix to matrix. But it can be done either way. I think when I first discovered this I wasted a lot of time converting a couple matrixes I made to ccr trees. After that I decided that wasn't worth the time but I did do it,

Import the (copy) sup you are working on (matrix) in SS.

Open a new instance of SS

Use the edit all function on the donor sequence

then tools as mentioned previously

After you save the edited sized sequence - go back to tools and adjust the "layout" size to the new size.

Copy paste to the new SS

click on the image in the working grid

On the top left you will see of the image setup box you will see modify

This is where you would have to rotate the image.

Another way I did this was to modify the image in an image software first. 

Then just re enter the image in SS. I am not sure which was is faster. Its been a long time since I did that.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks JR I just built a 12 string  horizontal 12/50 matrix for this year have many 12 ccr tree sequences so I'll give it a try thanks for the info Dennis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Thanks JR I just built a 12 string  horizontal 12/50 matrix for this year have many 12 ccr tree sequences so I'll give it a try thanks for the info Dennis 

I just built a 8 X 18 pixel sign matrix. I tried to copy one of my 24X50 and it didn't work so well. The patterns and effect are great but the images and pics are either way off screen or bad quality. So I just deleted the images and copy pasted effects where the images were.

Used my prop testing minidirector for this. It allowed me to place it 100' from the house without running a 100' data cable and crossing my driveway. 

JR

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JR I did convert Baby shark from a 24 to a 12 matrix. not too bad. I an working on Decorations but have not tested on the real screen. on ss it looks great. I am looking for I want a hippo for xmas to finish my new songs.

Your help has been amazing. Would like the video of the conversion from tree to screen when you have time.

Wolffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...