Light-O-Rama Forums

12 ribbon ccr screen

Wolffy

Needing a few new 12 ribbon ccr screen sequences. 

My goal is to learn how to sequence the RGB/CCR/DMX items I have by next year LOL

Would be happy to share what I have & Buy what you have! 

Thanks, Wolffy

I have 12 from them from Wow they are great.I am looking for some new for this season like Do you want to build a snowman, I want a hippopotamus, God bless American something to mix it up

8 hours ago, Wolffy said:

I have 12 from them from Wow they are great.I am looking for some new for this season like Do you want to build a snowman, I want a hippopotamus, God bless American something to mix it up

Get SuperStar license and get JAmes Morris free sequences. There is a feature in SS that will allow you to convert from any # to any #. It takes all of 15 seconds to accomplish.

JR

11 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Wow lights sells 12 string ccr sequences 

OT- I tested the RGB floods in my house last night. No light on except the,. I was testing on The Greatest Show sequence. My neighbor came hom from work and for a moment was about to call the police thinking there was gunshots. And then he saw some red and blue lights and thought I may have had a party.

They are great. Now I need about 9 more

JR

JR I have Super Star ( Have never used it yet) missed the expo where I planned to learn.

So What do I need to look for? I have found a 24 matrix screen sequence, if I purchase it can I then convert it to 12?

Thanks so much for the help already I everyone is getting busy

4 hours ago, Wolffy said:

JR I have Super Star ( Have never used it yet) missed the expo where I planned to learn.

So What do I need to look for? I have found a 24 matrix screen sequence, if I purchase it can I then convert it to 12?

Thanks so much for the help already I everyone is getting busy

If you have the correct SS ccr upgrade yes you can convert it

You also need to get the SUP file.

Im not sure where you are buying the sequence from but I will throw this out there. If you buy from HS they include the sup file

once you have that file 

1. - make a copy of the sup and rename it with copy or something

2- open SS

3- file/ open/ your purchased sup

4- tools

5- move or scale selected effects

6- you will get a warning- something about once you change it you can’t go back- that is why I asked you to make a copy of the original sup

7- the upper half of the next box is filled but disregard it, just move down and select the “scale” bubble

8- input your source width - in your case probably 50

9- input your source height - in your case probably 24

10- input your destination width - 50

11- input destination height - 12

”ok”

Done

once you do a couple it only takes probably 30 seconds from 1- done

Imparrative that you have the purchased/ donor sup file

JR

Don't shoot me...How is HS?  On Ebay Boise-Chris ( Chris S ) youtube His matrix is 24 strands I think I was going to get hippo for xmas and want to build a snowman.

Its so hard to find the rgb mega tree, ccr screen and the tree faces of the same song when you haven't master programing.

Just didn't want to buy a $60 matrix only to find I can't use it ( convert it)

Thanks so much for your help. Don't know how you get your show done with all you do here

I have several of their sequences. So do I buy the matrix sequence for my 12 ribbon ccr screen to convert right? not the 12 ribbon tree they offer.

I feel I am getting dumber by the minute LOL

44 minutes ago, Wolffy said:

I have several of their sequences. So do I buy the matrix sequence for my 12 ribbon ccr screen to convert right? not the 12 ribbon tree they offer.

I feel I am getting dumber by the minute LOL

Correct, buy the matrix to convert to matrix.

I was gonna add to it but will save the confusion.

I get my stuff done very slowly LOL 

JR

HS said the matrix would not convert to 12 ribbon ccr. But he did offer to sell me a matrix screen LOL, so now I am stumped. and No I know it has to be change but have never use SS yet.

Wolffy

9 minutes ago, Wolffy said:

HS said the matrix would not convert to 12 ribbon ccr. But he did offer to sell me a matrix screen LOL, so now I am stumped. and No I know it has to be change but have never use SS yet.

Wolffy

If you have the .sup and the correct CCR license it will convert.

I purchased Thriller last year after the SS conversion update and tested it, it converted.

Shoot me a PM with a cell and I will make you a short video of one of my purchased HS matrix sequences.

I have tested on trees and matrix both enlarge and reduce. 

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you have the correct SS ccr upgrade yes you can convert it

You also need to get the SUP file.

Im not sure where you are buying the sequence from but I will throw this out there. If you buy from HS they include the sup file

once you have that file 

1. - make a copy of the sup and rename it with copy or something

2- open SS

3- file/ open/ your purchased sup

4- tools

5- move or scale selected effects

6- you will get a warning- something about once you change it you can’t go back- that is why I asked you to make a copy of the original sup

7- the upper half of the next box is filled but disregard it, just move down and select the “scale” bubble

8- input your source width - in your case probably 50

9- input your source height - in your case probably 24

10- input your destination width - 50

11- input destination height - 12

”ok”

Done

once you do a couple it only takes probably 30 seconds from 1- done

Imparrative that you have the purchased/ donor sup file

JR

Anyone reading these

I did miss a step, discovered when I made the OP a video of a conversion.

after step # 3 above you need to go to "edit" and select the portion of the sequence you want to modify. In this case "select all". Once you do that you will continue to step #4. 

My apologies, I was writing that and setting up HAlloween props 

JR

The input height and destination #s. Is that the height & length of the screen? Just wanting to understand a bit of what I am doing. I will be getting several sequences from HS. They have a great selection to choose from.

Yes, depending on your matrix config. 

If your matrix is horizontal 12 X 50  it would look like a large screen tv with the height being 12 ribbons/ strings tall and the width would be the number of pixels in this case 50

Here is what I was going to add yesterday

A tree is just a matrix turned vertically so if you wanted to stand your matrix up then it would be 12 wide by 50 tall - resembling one of those full body mirrors

I sent you the videos through email last night.

As you can see the conversion worked great.

JR

• 4 weeks later...

Thank yoou very much. My show was limited because 12x50 matrix are rare. Now I have a few more songs I can add. Greatest Showman looks amazing!

There appears to be a few errors, but not a big deal.

Thanks!!

On October 9, 2018 at 6:03 AM, dibblejr said:

Yes, depending on your matrix config. 

If your matrix is horizontal 12 X 50  it would look like a large screen tv with the height being 12 ribbons/ strings tall and the width would be the number of pixels in this case 50

Here is what I was going to add yesterday

A tree is just a matrix turned vertically so if you wanted to stand your matrix up then it would be 12 wide by 50 tall - resembling one of those full body mirrors

I sent you the videos through email last night.

As you can see the conversion worked great.

JR

JR  are you saying in SS you can covert.  Ccr 12 string tree into a horizontal 12 string matrix ?