Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 - Pixels per port

Ponddude

On the Pixie16, can you assign different pixel amounts per port?  For example, on one of my boards I have 10 ports that are going to have 85 pixels on them but the remaining 6 ports are going to have 25 pixels on them. Can that be assigned in the HU?

I don't have any Pixie controllers, but it should not matter.  If a port sends out commands for 85 channels and there are only 10 pixels on the string, the last 75 are just ignored.  Anyone have a better answer?

1 hour ago, Ponddude said:

On the Pixie16, can you assign different pixel amounts per port?  For example, on one of my boards I have 10 ports that are going to have 85 pixels on them but the remaining 6 ports are going to have 25 pixels on them. Can that be assigned in the HU?

No

As my friend Jim stated, nothing there, you simply get no lights.

We have no "advance" control over the pixie series controllers. If you click on the advance tab in HU it will tell you the same thing.

JR

Thanks everyone, that's what I thought.  I had updated my Pixie8 firmware to 1.04 and got more control of the controller but wanted to confirm.

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Ponddude said:

Thanks everyone, that's what I thought.  I had updated my Pixie8 firmware to 1.04 and got more control of the controller but wanted to confirm.

Thanks again!

Whats this about "more control" of the pixie8's? 

JR

It's on the firmware page.  It adds things like reverse string control and a whole bunch of other features. 

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

I don't have any controllers readily available to connect but there was an update.  You do need S5 in order to use the features. 

14 minutes ago, Ponddude said:

It's on the firmware page.  It adds things like reverse string control and a whole bunch of other features. 

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

I don't have any controllers readily available to connect but there was an update.  You do need S5 in order to use the features. 

Well there's the hook. Nuff said.

Thanks for that tip, now I don't have to read it.

JR

• The topic was locked