Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcom LOR Enhanced Network Setup - This shouldn't be this hard

Kyle Whitaker

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, pouterson1 said:

No luck with port 16.  Any other thoughts?

Have you followed Kyle Whittackers post above?

I an not to familiar with the pixcon. If you had any of the pixies, now that's where I can be a pretty good asset.

Dang- what happened to the posts above the last 2. Like your initial question to me. Just disappeared.

JR

10 minutes ago, pouterson1 said:

No luck with port 16.  Any other thoughts?

Not sure why the posts are disappearing and reappearing so typing this again on this one

HAve you tried to set the #60 to #4. First ensure all jumpers are equal ect. Just to ensure not some other problem.

JR

27 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Some how you two have two threads going, the other thread is in LOR Hardware General.

I keep getting this "Bad Gateway" error message and every time it reloads its a different or missing string. LOL

Only one LOR page open

JR

Just now, PhilMassey said:

The forums have seemed sluggish all day today.

Whew- glad it wasn't just me. I was double posting, missing old posts and gateway error every other post. I ve been getting the gateway error since they did that restore last week but not as often and no other issues,

JR

This isn't something we are going to support now or in the near future.  Please don't ask.  I would not be poking around hooking up pixels in strange ways since who knows what will happen.  The next release of the software will force the MKII into 16 port mode which will eliminate this 'feature' :)

Far more often in the applications software world I work in, it's the other way when the software isn't doing quite what you expect it to; "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

1 hour ago, tlogan said:

Far more often in the applications software world I work in, it's the other way when the software isn't doing quite what you expect it to; "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Similar to what MS has done over the 30 years that computers came about. You buy something and at some point they stop supporting it or as with my "purchased" Office suites from decades back- they have made them useless. Unless I still had any of the old operating systems.

JR

Not to get too far off-topic but I tried playing an early version of Frogger on my then new computer (with turbo boost!) and could barely get off the curb. One of the versions of MS Windows cut access to the system clock so there was no way slow down any of the old games. That's about when I gave up on computer gamming.  Like buying a movie in VHS, then DVD, then Bluray…..I don't do that anymore either.

Well, I figured out some of my issue.  My Pixcon16s were running firmware 2.0.11.  I sent a note over to support and they told me to upgrade to 2.0.13.  They noted they were having issues with the Pixcon16s.  I reset the boards and brought up the HU and went into the Pixel Console.  No luck.  

I moved the Com port from the Aux A network to the Regular network.  Low and behold, it worked!  Switching back to the Aux A using the same settings, nothing lights up.  I'm not sure what the issue is.  I sent this update over to support.  

Has anyone here seen this?  If so, can you let me know?  Thanks.

Paul

Well, I think I figured out my situation.  I submitted a support ticket and support recommend that I upgrade my firmware.  I was running v. 2.0.11.  I upgraded to 2.0.13.  After that, I ran the HU test for the Pixcon and no luck. 

Then, I changed my network from Aux A to Regular.  Low and behold, everything worked!  Very weird.  I have both boxes working now but only if I have the Com port configured in the Regular network, enhanced, etc..

Does anyone have any thoughts?

30 minutes ago, pouterson1 said:

Well, I think I figured out my situation.  I submitted a support ticket and support recommend that I upgrade my firmware.  I was running v. 2.0.11.  I upgraded to 2.0.13.  After that, I ran the HU test for the Pixcon and no luck. 

Then, I changed my network from Aux A to Regular.  Low and behold, everything worked!  Very weird.  I have both boxes working now but only if I have the Com port configured in the Regular network, enhanced, etc..

Does anyone have any thoughts?

If your network config was Regular then yes. If you set the controller up for aux A that's not gonna communicate with the network.

I thought S5 is sup to figure that out with your design layout or whatever its called. Just like using the visualizer in other versions of the software.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I thought S5 is sup to figure that out with your design layout or whatever its called. Just like using the visualizer in other versions of the software.

Just like S4, you need to use the Network Preferences to set the network configurations.

Just now, k6ccc said:

Just like S4, you need to use the Network Preferences to set the network configurations.

I understand that. I was referring to what I see you guys talk about all the time "Preview". I was assuming that if the preview was what I imagined the virtual props wouldn't light up (the vis). That's another way I have people I help that doesn't have the actual lights out. If the network is configured correctly then the props work In vis. Therefore they should work on the actual prop.

I should have worded it differently.

JR

• The topic was locked