Light-O-Rama Forums

@ sign is showing up and cannot get a channel to play on preview

LouisMayer

I imported a show from S4 and have assigned a preview to that show in S5, but I cannot get one channel to show up on the preview

I see it on the preview but when the music is playing, all the other lights show working on the preview but that 1 channel does not show

but I also notice that all the channels have a sunshine logo next to each channel but this one has an @ sign showing next to it

I made sure that the LOR channels were the same on the preview and the S5 sequence

That channel is archived because the channel did not match up with the preview.  Check the channel assignments.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my entire sequence is archived. 160 channels and 12 CCRs.  The inability to play visualizer led me down this path but I feel I have other larger issues with a whole sequence stuck in archive mode.  I am not really sure how to fix this.

1 hour ago, edtrac said:

So my entire sequence is archived. 160 channels and 12 CCRs.  The inability to play visualizer led me down this path but I feel I have other larger issues with a whole sequence stuck in archive mode.  I am not really sure how to fix this.

One quick way would be to go into the Manage Archived Props window, select all, then click the "Move to Preview" button.

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.1.4/help/manage_archived_props_dialog.htm

If this is a sequence you upgraded, you could also try upgrading again. But before you do, ensure the channels defined in your preview are the same channels used by the sequence being upgraded.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 12:10 PM, MattBrown said:

One quick way would be to go into the Manage Archived Props window, select all, then click the "Move to Preview" button.

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.1.4/help/manage_archived_props_dialog.htm

If this is a sequence you upgraded, you could also try upgrading again. But before you do, ensure the channels defined in your preview are the same channels used by the sequence being upgraded.

Matt

Move to preview crashes the application.

Sorry about the crash. Please create a ticket with the help desk and attach the sequence (LOREDIT file, zipped up).

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

Another approach would be to upgrade a sequence and choose "Auto-generate a preview". This should create a preview where the channels match last years sequences and nothing should be archived.

Thanks,

Matt

9 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Sorry about the crash. Please create a ticket with the help desk and attach the sequence (LOREDIT file, zipped up).

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

Another approach would be to upgrade a sequence and choose "Auto-generate a preview". This should create a preview where the channels match last years sequences and nothing should be archived.

Thanks,

Matt

I think I have to do that for sure.  So this wasn't an upgrade.  I took a song from last year and upgraded it to get the correct channels/props in there and then created a new sequence for a different song.  So from Manage props, if i selected all it would crash.  However selecting a few would work.  Did this for a bit until I selected about ten and it crashed again.  Now the song wont even open.  I get "An item with the same key has already been added" error. 

There is a backup copy of the sequence with an .LOREDIT.BAK extension. Rename that file and remove the BAK extension. Try to open that.

Matt

1 minute ago, MattBrown said:

There is a backup copy of the sequence with an .LOREDIT.BAK extension. Rename that file and remove the BAK extension. Try to open that.

Matt

i have a backup that runs weekly and that file wont open either.  I dont believe the file is corrupt.  I think something is stuck in LoR.  Reboot didnt fix.