Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and Paste????

spookybenz1

We cannot get an entire smart pixel strand to work.  We can get 123, 456 to work but how do we get all 170 pixels on the strand to work quickly and one color?

You didn't give us much to work with.

First of all, what software version and license level are you running?  Note, it is helpful to update your profile with that information so those of us helping, don't have to keep asking.

Second, are you trying to do this in Sequence Editor, Pixel Editor, or SuperStar (if S4), or Sequencer, Motion Effects, or SuperStar (if S5)?

36 minutes ago, spookybenz1 said:

We cannot get an entire smart pixel strand to work.  We can get 123, 456 to work but how do we get all 170 pixels on the strand to work quickly and one color?

Not enough info, need controller and pixel type, software version and license level to start with.

+3 what my friends above stated. 

How you trying to get it to work, controller, AC controller, pixel controller, visualizer, animator, PE preview

JR

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of information.  I am using LOR S4.3.24 advanced (software) 48 channels from LOR controllers and  two E1.31 16 outputs each controllers from Holiday Coro with smart pixels.  We can make the system work but only only the first three pixels.  How do we get the entire string to work and also the same color for the entire string?

OK, so I'm going to assume that you are asking about some number of pixels on outputs from two AlphaPix controllers.  You did not state how many pixels are on each output from the AlphaPix, so I am going to make some assumptions (using fairly commonly used configurations).  For this discussion, I am going to assume that you have 50 pixels per string and since you bought two AlphaPix controllers, there are quite a few strings in use.  For the discussion, I am going to limit to one string.  The rest will be similar.  In smart pixels, each pixel can be controlled independently.  That means that a single string of 50 pixels normally requires 150 channels (grouped as 50 groups of three channels).  That means that in Sequence Editor, you will need to define 50 RGB channels for each string.  Once you have 50 RGB channels, you can sequence each channel.  If you want to make all 50 pixels the same color, make the first pixel the color you want and then copy that ( [CTRL-C] or an icon or menu item), then select the next channel and right click and select paste multiple.  That way you can past to many channels at once.

Yes your assumptions are almost spot on.  One last question.  In Sequence Editor how do I change the color of the RGB's?  Before I convert to RGB we have say "Orange" picked out as the color, once we convert to RGB the color selected goes away and it defaults to white.

14 minutes ago, spookybenz1 said:

Yes your assumptions are almost spot on.  One last question.  In Sequence Editor how do I change the color of the RGB's?  Before I convert to RGB we have say "Orange" picked out as the color, once we convert to RGB the color selected goes away and it defaults to white.

Use the fade tool to change colors. I wish I knew of an easier way.

I wish there was a way to select an entire row  or multiple segments and change colors like when adding shimmer to effects.

Once you select the tool and colors just drag and drop over your “white” parts.

To make a fade to black just select black as your ending color.

***Note****

Once dine with the tool before moving on click the blue arrow to the left of where the tool is. I learned the hard way what happens if you don’t.

The fade tool is at the top right tool bar 3 or 4 to the left of the star.

Looks like a rectangle with 2 arrows

Uoi select both start and end colors. For solid colors just select both colors the same.

I can’t hellp with your controller issue since I do not use Alphapix

JR

Edited by dibblejr

The reason the orange goes away and it turns white is bcause you are turning on the main RGB channel which in turn will turn on the Red, Green and Blue individual channels. If you click on the RGB channel it will open to show you each individual R, G and B channel.

Once you open the RGB channels if you turn on channels in the Red you will see the main channel turn Red. If you turn on channels in the Green you will notice the main RGB channel changes to a different color. You are now mixing colors.

Edited by Mr. P

7 minutes ago, spookybenz1 said:

How do I make it orange again?  

Color Fade tool on the top menu.

Edited by Mr. P

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The reason the orange goes away and it turns white is bcause you are turning on the main RGB channel which in turn will turn on the Red, Green and Blue individual channels. If you click on the RGB channel it will open to show you each individual R, G and B channel.

I forgot this. I am so used to sequencing the floods in normal non RGB and then copy paste and color in RGB

The reason I do it that way is because it takes so long to save an entire sequence so I have a mock up config with just those props. All non RGB.

I like to save as I go and some sequences take a long time. This way I can Sequence and save until all done and then copy paste into RGB

JR

Thank you all very much.  I will try all of these things and will probably have many more questions.

Note that getting a good Orange is one of the harder colors to achieve.  Although you can start with the color picker or manually setting levels on Red and Green, you will almost certainly want to hook up the actual lights that you will be using and light them up - preferably in the location that you will be using them.  Then you will need to make slight adjustments to the primary colors to get the Orange that you like.  It will be mostly Red with some Green.  Depending on how dark of orange you want will vary the levels.  As I recall, the Orange I use for Halloween is something like 100% Red and 15% Green.   The best way to do this in my opinion is to get out in the yard with a laptop and play with levels using the Hardware Utility.  This will allow you to see changes in real time as opposed to make a change at the computer and walk back to the yard to look (and back and forth LOTS of times).

This is one of those situations where it is handy to be able to remote into whatever computer is actually controlling the lights.  In my case, the show computer is in my garage.  I use either a laptop or even my phone (in a pinch) to remote into the show computer using either VNC or TeamViewer.  That way I don't have to move cables around.

I am set up on a laptop for just this reason as well.

Thanks for the help and again I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Hi again, 

I am trying to convert a sequence to RGB. Will my sequence transfer over to RGB without making changes to my sequence? 

You could convert a channel to a RGB channel but the channel will come on white if it was on as a single channel. You will have to change the colors for all the channels you convert.

I now have my sequence converted to RGB and now want to change the color of my already created sequence. How do I do that? When I use the color fade and select a color after selecting the first 30 seconds it will play the solid color and not the sequence. 

12 minutes ago, spookybenz1 said:

I now have my sequence converted to RGB and now want to change the color of my already created sequence. How do I do that? When I use the color fade and select a color after selecting the first 30 seconds it will play the solid color and not the sequence. 

Not quite sure what you are trying to do. First choose your color in the color fade tool, if you want a solid color then make both sides of the color fade tool the same color. If you want to fade then make one side the color you want like red and the other side black.

After selecting the colors you want to use just highlight the section of the sequence where you want the color pasted.