Light-O-Rama Forums

Power Cords for Hobbyist Boards

Guest guest

Here's a place I bought female pigtails: http://www.bb-trading.com

You have to click on their catalog, go to page 132, then it's halfway down on the left. Their 95 cents each if you buy a lot of 10.

Hope this helps everyone.

By the way... already talked to Dan, and he said it's a great deal.

mountainwxman wrote:

Here's a place I bought female pigtails: http://www.bb-trading.com

GREAT find. I've been looking for a circuit breaker for my pool pump and I checked out their website and they are almost halfprice.... :waycool::waycool:This made my day... :waycool::waycool:Thanks!

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

I put an order in today for 32 6' 3 wire female plugs. The girl said usually the order has to be $100 minimum, but she put it through and we'll see if it flys. I think they also only sell to businesses. I had to use my business name on the order.

I went to menards and bought 18- 16/3, 25' outdoor extension cords for $3.00 each, cut the male ends off of 16 of them, and the female ends off the other two. This way, they act as their own extension cords. I mounted the board into a metal box. I can go about 25' from the outlets to the box, and another 25' to each light's cord. The whole thing coils up and stores in a plastic tote.

mnlfhuere wrote:

I went to menards and bought 18- 16/3, 25' outdoor extension cords for $3.00 each, cut the male ends off of 16 of them, and the female ends off the other two. This way, they act as their own extension cords. I mounted the board into a metal box. I can go about 25' from the outlets to the box, and another 25' to each light's cord. The whole thing coils up and stores in a plastic tote.

You might want to consider using heavier cords for the inputs. At least #14, #12 preferred.

-jim-