Light-O-Rama Forums

Display drivers too old message

Boater227

Hi Boater227, the ATI CCC is free software that I used the link from Orvilles post. My Toshiba is a 2010 model laptop. I did not install any new hardware. It has an Radeon HD4200 graphics card, windows did not find a new driver but the sofware I installed did. It is called Radeon Software Adrenalin and it updated my existing graphics hardware to work with PE visualizers and the "display drivers to old message" stopped appearing. It was easy to do. I am no computer genius by no means as I am still unable to make the  Pixie 2 operate?

4 minutes ago, carfixer said:
4 minutes ago, carfixer said:

My appologies if I hijacked the thread

No problem, but you may get more help with the Pixie if you start a new topic. Don't use them myself 

12 hours ago, carfixer said:

Pixie2 in the white box with the bullet nodes, I can  not get it to work in S4 sequence editor at all

Don't use the Pixie 2, but is it just not lighting the nodes when you program them in SE?  

If that's a yes, have you configured your controller?

If that's a yes, have you checked {turned on} "Control Lights" in SE?  

If that's not on{checked}, the SE will play your sequence, but your lights won't ever turn on.  

Also, another option to be sure is checked {turned on} is: "Lights Off at End" of  the sequence, otherwise, you may have some stragglers that don't shut off when the sequence stops/ends.

Both these options can be turned on or off under the Play toolbar button at the top in SE.

The epilog to this story is that I did try installing the AMD Catalyst Drivers, and I have not seen the warning message again, although I am going to give it some time before I declare victory.  Thanks for all the help.  

Now time to move onto another problem (with Pixie 16) in a new thread...