Light-O-Rama Forums

Stupidity is running rampant

Mr. P

A short story to share:

I was on Amazon to buy some more plastic outlet covers, you know the kind you push into the outlet. I use these to keep the water out of my light strings instead of taping the ends. After finding the product I was going to purchase I went down to read the reviews and questions and here is what I read:

Q:  I don't like the look of the cheap plastic, do you sell these in stainless steel?

Really? Really? I hope this wasn't a serious question.I just don't understand some people these days.

• Confused 1

Too bad the company's response wasnt "sure we can make them in stainless steel and even add in a shock factor for you free of charge..... "

• Like 1

Reminds me of 5th grade in science class. I was sitting at the tall lab tables, the kind with the built in sink, and was getting ready to dissect a frog. I dared my lab partner to stick a paper clip in the table top outlet, they said they didn't want to get shocked. I told them they wouldn't as long as they stuck in both sides evenly, all it would do is complete the circuit.

Lets just say I got paddled in the Principal's office that day.

2 hours ago, bisquit476 said:

You just can't fix stupid.

Sure you can. Have them install those with the power on.  All Fixed ?

• Haha 1

Wow!  Another soon to be winner of a Darwin Award for sure!  BTW: that's NOT stupid, that's just downright BRAIN DEAD!  And their body will be soon to follow if they find those in "Stainless Steel!" ?????

I know I shouldn't laugh so hard, but seriously, how can you not at something so ridiculous?

Edited by Orville
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked