Light-O-Rama Forums

VIDEO WITH MUSIC

ataylor295

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF I CAN PLAY A MP4 FILE IN THE BACKGROUND TO A DIFFERENT MP3 SONG? IF SO ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

APT1125@YAHOO.COM  

Short answer is no.  Longer answer is here's how to do it.  Use your favorite video editing software to put the mp3 song music onto the video file (I would assume replacing whatever audio was there).  Then use that media file for your sequencing.

If that does not answer your question, explain a little better what you are wanting to do.

I was going to attempt to play a muted video while playing a spooky Disney music for the kiddo. I did not think it was possible but figured I would ask

I don't do any video editing, so I don't know.  I would speculate that Windows Movie Maker will, but that's a guess (provided you have Movie Maker).  If not, this from the Microsoft site may help:

Windows Movie Maker, part of Windows Essentials 2012, is no longer available for download. Websites that offer free downloads of Movie Maker are not offering the real thing, and those downloads may contain malware, viruses, or hidden costs.

Instead, try making movies with the Photos app that comes with Windows 10. The latest version of the Photos app includes the ability to create and edit videos with music, text, motion, filters, and 3D effects. Visit Microsoft Store for more video creation and editing apps.

I may have to play with the Photo App in Win 10 since that is what I have at home now...

The other suggestion is to play the video completely outside LOR.  By that I mean play a DVD direct to a monitor while the light show is running.

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 3:04 PM, k6ccc said:

The other suggestion is to play the video completely outside LOR.  By that I mean play a DVD direct to a monitor while the light show is running.

That's what I do-I what to expand in this area but right now that's all I know.