Light-O-Rama Forums

Lynx express controllers

Kernal

So I have 7 LE controllers and a DMX dongle.  I had the Light Show Pro program until that computer crashed and no longer working.  With LOR being the one that is most like LSP, and looks to be around for a long time to come, if I buy the S4 advanced software, will I be able to run my shows?  It is my understanding that there is a scheduler that is along with the S4.  Looks to be an all in one package, but I am skeptical that it may be a "looks too good to be true"....   Any help?!?!

Not sure, but you may have to buy an LOR DMX Dongle if that's what your controllers use to interface the software to them, if that is even possible {I think it may be}.  

As I am not sure how well the software suite will interface with those controllers, if at all, as I only have experience with LOR CTB16PC, 16 channel ~AC~ Controllers and CCB-100 5v {Version 1} RGB Pixel Controllers.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of DMX Controllers and LOR Software combinations will be able to guide you better.

But having used the LOR Software since Version 2.8 and up to Version 4.3.34, I can say it's not too good to be true, but I can only say that if using Light-O-Rama Controllers.  Others here have used other Controllers, but they'll have to chime in on how they did it or what extra items they may have had to buy to make it work.

I did it a number of years ago but I don't remember which donlge I used.  I know it will do it though.  I now use a mix of LOR and xLights.  There is a conversion process and that can be a pain also with high channel counts.  Plenty of others out there smarter that I am.   I would check out the DIY light sights.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeffl said:

I did it a number of years ago but I don't remember which donlge I used.  I know it will do it though.  I now use a mix of LOR and xLights.  There is a conversion process and that can be a pain also with high channel counts.  Plenty of others out there smarter that I am.   I would check out the DIY light sights.

conversion process is not so bad if you separate out the AC elements from the RGB.  I pulled in the AC elements first and then went looking the SUP files for my RGB stuff.  Made for a more manageable conversion as well as quick rendering.  If you try to bring in the RGB stuff straight from LOR SE then xLights tries to convert it pixel for pixel for pixel which can be painful but if you bring it in as a SUP file then it attaches the "effects" to the model.  Cleaner and faster.