Light-O-Rama Forums

No Pixels When Exporting Playback File

aidancar

I just finished setting up my Halloween display and am putting the final touches on my last remaining sequence in terms of adding support for my new pixels. I went to test them out tonight with a sequence I had finished when I noticed a few things that weren't working right.

1. This happens in the sequencer with control lights (both LOR and DMX Networks) enabled . Whenever a superstar effect is playing that in the preview is controlling both my pixels and traditional strings, only the pixels respond on my physical display. This leaving all the traditional strings off.

2. When I export the playback file for the sequence and open it up to play it back, there is no control whatsoever of my pixels either in the preview or on the physical lights. It  seems like it's just not exporting them for whatever reason.

I have no idea what could be causing these issues and really need some help as I plan on starting my show on October 1st. Anybody have any ideas? I have tried this on 2 computers. Both in version 5.1.2 Pro

Here is a link to a short clip I took walking through the problems: (Pixels are along rooflines and around windows)

Edited by aidancar

In watching your video, I captured this screenshot of when you are saving your playback files. It says the sequence is only using 1 network and it is not ehanced (you have a Pro license) yet you mention a LOR network and DMX network.

1%20network.png

It would be helpful to know how many networks you have?

To check networks for a sequence, click the Control Light (right side of screen) and verfiy all avaiable networks are active (checkmarked)

1%20network%201.png

I see you are trying to run a saved playback sequence thru Sequence Editor, have you tried playing the saved playback sequence with Show on Demand?

When you press the "CL" icon in the taskbar, does it show all of your networks active? errors?

Just guessing till we have more info.

Alan...

I tried running this as a show on demand and to my surprise the pixels were controlled on the physical display.

I did notice still however that the traditional strings are still not being controlled by superstar effects (eg I have a morph running across entire display- traditional strings go dark, pixels respond as they should.) They do appear correctly in the preview and motion effects play fine.

Here is the requested information on the networks, also I have an older gen 1 controller that I don't think supports the enhanced network which is why I am not using that option currently. No errors in Comm Listener

Thanks for your help!

Untitled.png

Edited by aidancar

A couple thoughts.  I think the reason that playing the playback file in Sequencer does not show anything is because in the playback, everything is in an intensity file.  The .lms file has very little in it.  However the show player handles the intensity file.

Next issue.  Again, assuming that creating the show files created intensity files, your Gen 1 controller can’t process them.  That’s why they are not playing.

Note, I’m responding from my phone, so harder to read / view / process what all was said, so if I missed something, blame it on my phone :)

32 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

A couple thoughts.  I think the reason that playing the playback file in Sequencer does not show anything is because in the playback, everything is in an intensity file.  The .lms file has very little in it.  However the show player handles the intensity file.

Next issue.  Again, assuming that creating the show files created intensity files, your Gen 1 controller can’t process them.  That’s why they are not playing.

Note, I’m responding from my phone, so harder to read / view / process what all was said, so if I missed something, blame it on my phone :)

Yeah, your right on with the first problem.

As for the second issue I am using three gen 3 boards in my Halloween display. (I only use the gen 1 in my larger Christmas show with 144 channels). So they should be able to read the intensity data if that’s what the superstar effects are exported as, right?

Try changing the LOR network to Enhanced and see if that makes it work.  Since you are currently testing on Gen-3 controllers, running enhanced wont be a problem.  For your Gen-1 controller, you will need to run a second network that is non-enhanced (not a big deal).  I do the same thing.  For my year round landscaping show, I make substantial use of input triggers both to start and end the show and also interactive groups.  You can't read inputs on an enhanced network, so I have a second network that is non-enhanced solely for one InputPup.

The next release will give you an error message if you try to save playback files with motion effects or SuperStar effects on LOR networks that are not enhanced.

Matt

Yep that was it - Thanks!! Unfortunately two of my controllers I thought were gen 3 are actually gen 2 ? Ill just swap in my gen 3's that are in storage and order some more for Christmas.

For your Gen-1 controller, you will need to run a second network that is non-enhanced (not a big deal).

I will have to put two older controllers on my mega tree since that is the only prop that doesn't use the superstar effects. 

1 minute ago, aidancar said:

I will have to put two older controllers on my mega tree since that is the only prop that doesn't use the superstar effects. 

Remember that it will need to be on a separate non-enhanced network.