Light-O-Rama Forums

NOOOOOOOO, not street lights!!!!!

Mr. P

Interesting  I so want to try this but.    My street light is in the middle of our cul-du-sac with buried wires.  There is no accessible electric out there and running it would cross traffic.   That is why I was thinking about a switch to cut power.  A battery LED maybe but it would be on all the time.

38 minutes ago, Charlie Capps said:

I climb mine and put 4 black trash bags on it. Lol

Sounds risky, in more ways than one.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

Sounds risky, in more ways than one.

If it takes them 2 months to come and change out a bulb my thoughts are they going to come and take the trash bags off everyday that I put them back on?

I have one street light across from my driveway. Another street light kitty corner from me. I live on a corner lot. And another street light in my neighbors yard. My house is lit up on three sides from streetlights.    I can’t do anything about the light across from my driveway and across the corner from me but the one in my neighbors yard I turn that one into a fire stick LOL 

i put a light bulb and got it on top of the sensor and set it on a timer

started at 7 pm and turned off at 9:30 pm - the street light would come back on after the show

worked great, except 1 neighbor who hated the traffic would call in the electric company and they would come pull down the light

I would just put it back

Bah Humbug

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LouisMayer said:

i put a light bulb and got it on top of the sensor and set it on a timer

started at 7 pm and turned off at 9:30 pm - the street light would come back on after the show

worked great, except 1 neighbor who hated the traffic would call in the electric company and they would come pull down the light

I would just put it back

Bah Humbug

Always HAS to be at least ONE "GRINCH" in the neighborhood. {Hopefully, NOT!} 

Don't know if I'll have any "GRINCH'S" this year, a lot of folks moved away and now have all new neighbors around me, so don't know how they're going to like or dislike what I'm doing. 

All my old neighbors that used to be here loved it, and they are coming back to watch it this year. 

We're just hoping the new folks don't put a damper on it.?

• The topic was locked