Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Sequence Previewer issue(s)?

mlswayze

I just now moved up to 5.1 from 4.3 software.  I imported my sequence (went fine).  I have tried several attempts to add to my preview some items.  I have noticed that if I allow the software to create a preview automatically, it will place all of the pixels on the bottom and they do work.  If I try to create my own. they will not "play" during the preview.  I also am having issues (which may be related) in drawing a square which is controlled by 1 RGB pixel (RGB strip adapted).  Any ideas as to what I may not be doing correctly?  Please see attached to this a pic of one of my addiditons to the preview. 

Capture.JPG

You don't have the amount of pixels right unless you have just on pixel which I find hard to believe how many pixels on the whole string 

Actually he is trying to do a single RGB channel.

Please clarify.  Are your trying to do a string of dumb RGB (for example around a window), or are you trying to create a single bulb that is square?

I have a Ws2801 adaptor which acts as a intelegent RGB pixel which I have a LED RGB string attached to.  The net result is that I have 1 pixel of 3 channels (RGB) which controls a LED strip that goes around the whole window.  I was able to create this in version 4.3 visualizer but i can not find it in the new version.   BTW NONE of the pixels that I create with the new software (my tree fro example) show up as weill.

If the entire string is controlled by just 3 channels, then you should set the "Lights" section to Dumb RGB and set the number of RGB nodes to 50 or however many are in your string (it the case of Dumb RGB, the number of nodes you specify only controls the number of pixels drawn on the screen, it has no affect on how the lights controlled). 

Matt

Thank you for helping me through that hurdle!  My RGB Strips now show up  Thanks!

Now to the next road block.

I have setup a tree which contains 2 runs of 100 addressable LED's (WS2801).  These worked and showed up on my Visualizer on 4.3 but I can not seem to get these to show up on the Previews inside 5.1.2 for the life of me.  I will include a snap shot of my config for that "Prop" Definition"  Any suggestions as to what I can do would be a great help.  Thanks again!

Capture.JPG.3ad5740c2ecc071bfd328cf941389c37.JPG

Does the pixel tree show up on the sequence grid? Are you using Motion Effects or channel level sequencing to turn on the pixels?

Matt

yes it does show up on the pixel grid.  I am not sure how to answer the next question "Motion Effects or channel level".  I will try to tell you how I built it on manually in 4.3.  I manually went in and manipulated each pixel by its self and used copy / paste to speed up the process.  If I go to the "Grid" and expand the pixie port it will show the name "tree" next to the pixel information.  Hope that helps give more info so you can be more familiar with my set up.

The "@" symbol before the prop name means that the sequencing for that prop has been "archived" because the preview associated with the sequence does not contain that prop. Archived props do not show up during preview playback nor do they control real lights.

Is this a sequence that was upgraded from S4? If so, try upgrading it again now that you have added your tree prop to the preview.

Matt

That did help a lot but it must not have converted correctly as the sequence is not in the correct order for some reason.  I have tried multiple "tree" configurations as a test but it did not come over correclty as the pixels are not running in the pattern that I created in 4.3

I think you are headed in the right direction. As you said, the pixel order in S5 must not be matching the pixel order in 4.3. So what was the pixel order/arrangement in 4.3?

Matt

I think I am chasing the fix  it appears that I have a copy that has been corrupt.  I appreciate your assistance.  Hoping to get this lined out. 

BTW  I have a 360 star as well at the top of the tree.  I do not see a "template" for a 360 star.   If there is one available, can you point me as to where I can find one?

THANKS for all of your HELP!

• 3 weeks later...

Since we don't currently have a predefined shape for that star, you will need to create one using the custom shape. Alternatively, if someone has a Visualizer fixture file for it, you could import that.

Matt