Light-O-Rama Forums

Trick or Treat night - our first foray into Halloween shows

Oliver Blatt

I'd always been a Christmas light guy, until last year when we discovered that trick or treat night in our little town is a really big deal. So, this year, we're starting our decorating early! I had always wanted to do some animatronics that were fun, but still not such a big project that I would lose interest. So, here is Monty, the scared of Halloween bird. He'll be hosting our trick or treat night show, which will be relatively simple, but still much more than we've done in the past. Monty took about 3 hours to construct, and maybe 6 hours to record the audio (all 6 minutes of it!) and program. I know programming is still a bit rough around the edges, but he's almost ready to go. Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks. I never would have believed it either, but last year we ran out of candy 45 minutes after the night started!

Pretty cool.  Is that one of Spencer's {Spirit Halloween} Skeletal Creatures they now sell?  I know they've added quite a few to their collection over the years.  

Not doing Halloween this year, no time for both Halloween and Christmas this year, but I may start doing Halloween again next year, not sure of that just yet.  Christmas has my full attention for this year.

I actually grabbed the bird on Amazon, but at Walmart the other day I saw a few other skeleton animals. I grabbed a cat to add to the menagerie for next year!

• 1 month later...

Here’s the final result. We had over 109 trick or treaters, and everyone loved the experience! 

• Like 1

We don't give anything out until Halloween night, October 31, before that, you can watch the lights and listen to the music.

But nothing until the "official day" of "trick or treating".

• 10 months later...

The music was written and recorded specifically for the show....one of my real life jobs is composing and recording music. Hopefully you enjoyed the audio track for the show!