Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Working same Sequence on two computers - SS challenge

Rick P

I work sequences on two different computers.  When moving a sequence to a differenc computer SS sequencies do not play in the preview.  All of the data moves however when run, the SS sequenses do not show.  All I have to do to fix it is to select the SS sequence, make SS think I have made a change and allow it to rewrite to the sequenser.  After the SS sequense will show in the preview correctly.  I've tried it passing the sequense between both computers and the same thin happens.  Any clue what I must be doing wrong?  Everything else works perfectly.

Each SS sequence is associated with a .loredit file. It sounds like it has lost it reference or it needs to know a new location because of the moved .loredit file

To change the .loredit file in the second pc, (the one you move the .loredit sequence to) see the gif below and "Change Directory for the SS file(s).

Alan...

file%20ref.gif

Edited by default

To prevent this are you suggesting that when I move the loredit file to the other computer, I also move .....  the most recent avi file along with it?  I keep both directory structures the same so that the paths should stay the same.

I played with it some more and as long as I carry over ALL of the AVI files that were made during the last edit session, it appears to work properly.  Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Rick P said:

To prevent this are you suggesting that when I move the loredit file to the other computer, I also move .....  the most recent avi file along with it?  I keep both directory structures the same so that the paths should stay the same.

Yes, I'm sorry I left that part out. ?

The avi's created by SS will also have to move over to the new pc, then if need be re-reference them to the sequence.

Glad you got it sorted out. 

Alan...