Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Forums *Member Down*

dibblejr

3 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Have not updated this in awhile. Thank you to anyone who sent cards, it brightened her day a lot. Even the kids got a kick from seeing the cards. She got a 50 cards. So I am home, still in a wheel chair. Start PT next week. Hoping to be walking by Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, we were planning to be dark this year, but we are going to try to put a small display, just th e mega tree, signing faces, window and fence line.

there are a few lighters in your area that might be able to help.

• 2 months later...

Been awhile. Still recovering, some good days, some bad. Hopefully start walking normal again in a month or so. Biggest issue I am having is memory issues from the trauma, had no head injuries, but the trauma has caused mental issues. I had sequences I was working on before the accident that I cant finish because I can not remember where I stored them. I know they are on a flash drive, but cant find them. Dont remember alot of stuff from the accident either. I know a couple fine folks sent my kids Christmas presents. Was very nice to see so many people help out. Thank you all.

6 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Been awhile. Still recovering, some good days, some bad. Hopefully start walking normal again in a month or so. Biggest issue I am having is memory issues from the trauma, had no head injuries, but the trauma has caused mental issues. I had sequences I was working on before the accident that I cant finish because I can not remember where I stored them. I know they are on a flash drive, but cant find them. Dont remember alot of stuff from the accident either. I know a couple fine folks sent my kids Christmas presents. Was very nice to see so many people help out. Thank you all.

Great to see you back my friend. It’s a long road to recovery glad you are getting better.

JR

18 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Great to see you back my friend. It’s a long road to recovery glad you are getting better.

JR

Thank you. I am still at that stage where all i can do is solder up boards. Wanna get my new 3D printer built so i can play with it, yes i said play, its a new toy, gotta playwith it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

After 12 months I may finally get my life back. Finally getting my 4th and hopefully final surgery on September 27th. Get a brand new shiny hip and for the first time in 12 months I will no longer be in pain 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you back and making a great recovery Jerry.  May you be back to doing everything you enjoy and setting up your displays in all their glory again.   And I know all about drunk drivers, have had a few family members, cousin, uncle and aunt killed by them.   I think they don't get punished enough for their crime.  Personally I think if they killed someone then they shouldn't even go to jail, give them the death penalty and get them gone so they can't do it again.  

When I still could drive and had a vehicle, which was around 2014 or 2015, I got rear ended at a traffic light by a drunken woman behind the wheel, at first she pulled over like she was going to wait, but then she ran from the scene, but we had her tag #, vehicle description and even some photo's we got of her and her vehicle. They found her, fortunately we didn't really sustain any serious injuries {wife and I were the only ones in our vehicle}, and what did she get? A dadgum slap on the wrist, and she'd been guilty and charged with this several times before, along with assault on a police officer and a couple of other violent crimes on people.   And they let this bimbo walk?  UNBELIEVABLE!     And to really top it off, this happened during a time people are heading out to work, 6:30am in the morning!  I was taking my wife at the time to a job interview she had at 7:00am.  Who the heck gets drunk at 6am in the morning?  And she was loaded to her eyeballs too.

So I know how many folks feel about drunk drivers on the road, I've had my share of them that I could do without.

I still say to our illustrious lawmakers, if you really want to cut down on drunk drivers, then make it illegal for bars to have vehicle parking spaces, only have spaces for Public Transportation vehicles to drop off/Pick Up anyone that wants to drink at a bar, either by bus, taxi, Lyft, Uber, whatever, just DO NOT allow them to drive and park there, then get in their vehicle to drive home after they've boozed it up!  Then when time to go home catch the transportation back you got to the bar with in the first place.  Oh, and you have to show and prove YOU DID NOT DRIVE to the bar before they will serve you ANY alcoholic beverage of any kind.  I know a lot of folks won't like that, but either walk or take another means to get to that bar and STOP drunks from driving and injuring or killing people on the roads! {Just had to get that rant in.  Drunk Drivers is one of my biggest sore points with our society.}

4th and hopefully final surgery is in the bag. Got the brand new shiny hip. Already noticed a huge difference with all the scar tissue gone my right foot points forward again. Internal pain seems to be way down as well. 

Dont know what's going on with the guy who hit me. He went back to court last week. Wait6to hear from the DA's office about that.

15 hours ago, jerry72 said:

4th and hopefully final surgery is in the bag. Got the brand new shiny hip. Already noticed a huge difference with all the scar tissue gone my right foot points forward again. Internal pain seems to be way down as well. 

Dont know what's going on with the guy who hit me. He went back to court last week. Wait6to hear from the DA's office about that.

That's great to hear Jerry.  I hope the DA and the Judge really puts the punishment to the guy that hit you, especially since he was drunk.

Good Luck and thanks for the update on how you're doing.

I know your struggle, in 2006 I was in an oil well explosion in New Mexico, I finally lost my left leg in 2010 after several failed surgeries and it has been a long pain filled road back.

This hobby has been awesome therapy and a loving, helpful wife has been my gofer and setup person for the last few years.

Keep looking forward and positive,

Jim

• The topic was locked