Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Colour Pixel 2

aaron1sabine

Any help wold be Great.

I brought a cosmic Colour Pixel 2 with 2 strings of 100 lights and I been searching google and the forum abut cant seem to find any help.

I have plugged it all in and tried to play about with he lights I cant seem to program them how I want them to be.

The problem is I have converted the channels in to RGB and I can get the first 5 pixels on the first string to work and do what I want but any after that they wont work. is there something I missing?

Any links to videos of any help would be a massive help.

many thanks

Aaron

Your problem is the channel config and the way you setup the Pixie. You mentioned that you converted the channels to RGB when you should have added the Pixie as a device. Then you would need to configure the Pixie in the HU and set the starting Unit ID, the software will automatically assign the second unit ID for the second string as aPixie 2 uses two Unit IDs

Edited by Mr. P

im sorry but call me silly but I loaded the HU up and refresh the unit configure and it comes up with the unit name 01 - Pixie2 Ver 1.03

is there something I done wrong?

7 minutes ago, aaron1sabine said:

im sorry but call me silly but I loaded the HU up and refresh the unit configure and it comes up with the unit name 01 - Pixie2 Ver 1.03

Unit 1 is assigned to port ,1 unit 2 will automatically be assigned to port 2 by the software. Pixies use one ID per port instead of one for the entire controller.

The CCP ll has two strings of 100 pixels each. The left string will have unit ID 1 channels 1-300. The the right string will be unit ID 2 channels 1-300.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you so much. sorry about the late reply just been rushed of my feet. I managed to figure it out and just been playing aroung getting used to it all

Hi ,

I have been using LOR 16 channel residential controllers for 5 years. I can program sequences in the SE no problem. I am very new to pixels (2 days). I have the Pixie 2 with 2 strings of  50 bullets. I have built a frame to go around a window and have the lights attached.  I am having the same problem as aaron1sabine. I can only get a few nodes to light. I have watched videos and read myself to sleep on configuring the pixie but all the info does not seem to exactly match my screen. In the hardware utility 4.3.34 pro license, I have figured out the port 1 and port 2 and unit ID Pixie2 VER1.03 populates with whatever ID I set it at,  and I  have been able to turn the nodes on at 100% in light mode, once I stumbled upon being able to get the shimmer and twinkle function to work but I can not get them on again, the functions are grayed out now. I cannot get the test, the light console, or the pixel console to operate the nodes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

5 hours ago, carfixer said:

Hi ,

I have been using LOR 16 channel residential controllers for 5 years. I can program sequences in the SE no problem. I am very new to pixels (2 days). I have the Pixie 2 with 2 strings of  50 bullets. I have built a frame to go around a window and have the lights attached.  I am having the same problem as aaron1sabine. I can only get a few nodes to light. I have watched videos and read myself to sleep on configuring the pixie but all the info does not seem to exactly match my screen. In the hardware utility 4.3.34 pro license, I have figured out the port 1 and port 2 and unit ID Pixie2 VER1.03 populates with whatever ID I set it at,  and I  have been able to turn the nodes on at 100% in light mode, once I stumbled upon being able to get the shimmer and twinkle function to work but I can not get them on again, the functions are grayed out now. I cannot get the test, the light console, or the pixel console to operate the nodes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Your networks are not set up correctly.

You are sharing channels that's why you have lights working at all

There are NO videos relating to setting up the "pixie" controllers.

You need to turn off the dip switches if the pixie2 you have has dip switches and then set the unit ID.

Need more help after that just ask.

Think of HU as a back door to the controller, if the controller is connected and the HU finds it, it will comm with the controller. As soon as you exit the HU the controller is resetting itself to ID #1 and #2

It sounds like you already have an AC controller set for #1

Also did you set up your pixie correctly? Once unit ID is set go to SE and open a sequence. Right click on a channel button :insert device above/ below (your choice but most use below)

You can name it now

Select pixie 2/4/8/16 

then dropdown select pixie 2

RGB/RGB/RGB or triples (I cant recall what it says)

50 pixies per port

starting unit ID (probably should be 3) but whatever you set it in HU

LOR Regular Network

Done

You should now have lights if you have a written sequence

JR

JR

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, aaron1sabine said:

Any help wold be Great.

I brought a cosmic Colour Pixel 2 with 2 strings of 100 lights and I been searching google and the forum abut cant seem to find any help.

I have plugged it all in and tried to play about with he lights I cant seem to program them how I want them to be.

The problem is I have converted the channels in to RGB and I can get the first 5 pixels on the first string to work and do what I want but any after that they wont work. is there something I missing?

Any links to videos of any help would be a massive help.

many thanks

Aaron

Aaron

If you didn't figure it out take a look at my below post, in your case pixels per port should be 100. You set that up in HU as well under the pixie/ ccr config tab after you set the unit ID

Then when you add it in SE select 100 per port as well.

JR

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, aaron1sabine said:

Dip switches.

All off if your pixie 2 has them. Then set your starting unit ID. As Mr. P states remember it will use 2 unit ID's after you pick the first #.

JR

Cheers JR

I managed to get it all working fine and set up just been messing around with it the past few days to understand it properly and hopefully get some cool displays with it and then order some more up next year

Cheers for your help once again

Aaron

8 minutes ago, aaron1sabine said:

Cheers JR

I managed to get it all working fine and set up just been messing around with it the past few days to understand it properly and hopefully get some cool displays with it and then order some more up next year

Cheers for your help once again

Aaron

Your welcome, saw a familiar name and wanted to ensure you are gtg

~cheers

JR

• 3 weeks later...

I also picked up a CCP II and while it came with a user manual, it may as well be in a foreign language!  

First, it came with a black jumper (I think) taped to the outside, but with no instruction on what it is for, or even if its supposed to be used or just a spare.

LOR REALLY NEEDS a glossary or terms page...something to explain all the udacs and new words we are going to be using (can only imagine how many "stupid' questions that would be eliminated!)  For instance....HU....no clue what that is!  

I think I have identified the dip switches.  There are 8 in my Pixie2, the first 7 seem to be switched off and the last one is switched on.  

Any help getting this thing put together correctly would be appreciated!  Then I can get to work doing the same for the Pixie16, and then to sequencing!

The HU is the Hardware Utility program, that is where you will set things up and you can test there as well. The 8 switches you mention are used to set the unit ID, they should all be turned off as you will set the Unit ID in the HU.

• The topic was locked