Light-O-Rama Forums

New and need 16 channel sequences

Sharpsburg Lights

This is my first year with the LOR. I have bought one to start this year and will be expanding every year. Last year, I found the mr christmas light show and new that I had to upgrade. I need a little help with some good sequences to start a show. I have also sequenced the Charlie brown Christmas story as my introduction. I need help with layout as well. I have a wide yard and I don't have enough lights yet to fill it up. Here is a video of my yard with just the static lights from last year. 

I am planning to tighten the show up to just in front of the house. I would also scatter the yard with decorations to fill out the rest, but they would not be part of the show. I was planning to do the 6 windows, a mega tree on the left side (just two channels) and 4 driveway arches on the right side. I have attached the setup from visualizer. I need help with any suggestions to get the most from the show, including possible different things to add or how to divide up the channels. I am a complete noob but I am also a fast learner. Please Help! Here is the light show from last year with the 6 channel mr christmas brand. 

House visualizer.png

Clicked your video's, but both returned a "This video is unavailable." message!  I even tried to go and check them out directly on YouTube, was still a no go for me.

To help you better, please fill in your profile with your Software version and your License level, this will also help us help you better.  Also fill in your city/state or town name/country, this will also help you, as someone may live near you that could actually come over and assist you in person if you need it.  So it's always an excellent idea to fill in your profile so we know how to help you better.

Since you have already sequenced one song already, you know this is not like a Mr. Christmas {yes, I started with one of those as well, and that was many moons ago}. 

Sequencing takes time and a lot of it to get it right and to make it look good, although mine this year aren't going to be as good as I'd like, I just added 5 RGB Controllers and 10 strands of RGB smart lights to my display.  So I'm once again in the learning curve of Sequencing these, so my sequences are nowhere where I want them to be.

Now back to your sequence sharing question, you can use larger sequence files, just copy and paste from them, but you may have to manually delete tracks or other things in the original shared sequence so you can copy and paste from all areas of it.    Won't go into those details at the moment, as it all depends on YOUR License Level and possibly software version you're using.  And why I asked that you fill in your profile with that info, then we can serve you even better with correct answers and help.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

I just updated most of the profile. I corrected the YouTube issue. I bought my first light o Rama during the try for free sale.  I am not too worried about the sequencing.  I just want to make the show look good on only 16 channels. I have the newest software but it is the basic license. I really need help with a layout of the channels.  I see that most shows are sequenced on a 4 or 6 channel pattern.  Is that a pattern I need to follow.  I have 6 windows and four looping arches. Should I change that.  Any help is appreciated. 

Honestly everyone's show is pretty much different. Layout is all depending on your particular house. Most have a trim outline, roof outline, window outlines, hedges Etc. trust me when I say yes you can use 16 channel sequences but don't limit Yourself by asking only for those as there are some people that have 32 or 64 channel stuff that you can use. All you need to do is pick out what you want of their sequence if you're just looking to copy and paste it.

I started in 2016 with lor and was told bank then don't limit yourself to only 16 channel sequences after about my third song I realized why because everything would look the same. Even if you don't use everything from their sequence, you can use bits and pieces and not just limit yourself to only asking for 16 channels. Most people that share sequences have much more than 16. honestly the ones who share the 16 channel sequences were probably from their first year before the real addiction started and they jumped up in Channel count or got better at sequencing.

Just wanted to make that suggestion and pass along that information as many times it may seem overwhelming by getting 64 channel sequences, but if you watch their preview you can figure out exactly what you want from there sequence. It just opens the door to more options. If you need any tutorials, look for John storms videos on YouTube that are under lightorama tutorials part 1 through 4. He will show you all the basics and those are the videos I used to get started. Hope that helps.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

In fact if you go to storm’s website I can’t remember what it is. But he has many sequences available for download. At least if I am remembering correctly

lizmaxwell82@gmail.com    I just realized the email address was posted wrong.  Please send it again to this email. 

I am new to starting with a 16 channel package. Would you mind sending me some first year sequences as well? cnixon1012@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to starting with a 16 channel package. Would you mind sending me some first year sequences as well? jandkgeller@comcast.net

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, tbuff23 said:

I have some first year sequences I am willing to share.

Post your email I will be glad to send some to you.

could you share please.

Kittymskitt@aol.com

Hello - I would love to see what people have for 16ch sequences. 1strespit@gmail.com I will have my list of free stuff up this weekend. 

18 hours ago, giga01452 said:

Hello - I would love to see what people have for 16ch sequences. 1strespit@gmail.com I will have my list of free stuff up this weekend. 

Sent

James can you share with me too.  Lizmaxwell82@gmail.com.  I also have some more singing character templates for you to share. 

12 hours ago, tbuff23 said:

Help is on the way

Thank you so very much to you . you guys here have my my first LOR experience a lot easier then i thought. I cannot wait till next year when I upgrade MORE Channels..