Light-O-Rama Forums

Hey everyone. So I’m building my CCR make a tree. I’ve seen so many videos and different ideas on how to build this. I’m wondering if anyone else has thought of this way that I came up with. I’ve decided to go with half-inch EMT conduit. I’ve seen others do this and it seems to look really nice and stable. However you have to use a Cupler and then another section of conduit.

But here’s my idea. What about telescoping half inch EMT conduit into eight three-quarter inch EMT conduit.  This would negate the need for a Cupler. And seem to make the whole structure more rigid I believe any thoughts?

They are pretty rigid with the coupler if you use some 3m marine adhesive/sealant 5200 like I did. They don't bend or flex but they will never come apart either.  ?

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

They are pretty rigid with the coupler if you use some 3m marine adhesive/sealant 5200 like I did. They don't bend or flex but they will never come apart either.  ?

Nothing beats 3m 5200 best under water sealant money can buy. Helped me out of a couple pinches on the lake. Of course you have to cut or trash whatever it is protecting.

To the OP, the couplers really are not a big deal as long as you get them seated all the way in and I use sheet metal self tapping screws instead of those blunt head screws the couples have.

JR

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 2:48 PM, Mr. P said:

Agree they are rigid and I did something similar to dibblejr.    I use 1/2" EMT and although it is heavier than PVC, the tree is really solid.  For each string, I use a standard 10' EMT and use a couple for another cut 6' section so the total length is 16' and matches the length of a CCR.  I drilled a small hole into the EMT so that the set screws from the coupler actually go into the hole instead of just pressing against the pipe.  Then I put Locktight on the screw to keep it from coming out.   The marine adhesive is also a great idea.