Light-O-Rama Forums

WOWLights Sequences

HLE

I’ve been looking around for some more sequences for Halloween and came across wowlights.com. Has anyone ever used their sequences? If so, is it just like light o Rama? Download and go?  Thanks in advance!!!

HLE

I have found wowlights to be the best sequences out there for using in my displays.  I usually cut-n-paste different "sections" of their sequences to my setup, to fit my configuration, as I don't have the "house floods" or the "house roof".  Very creative, and they usually FIT THE SONG, instead of just flashing lights.

The only thing I wish they would do is to TIME THE SONG better, instead of using a 0.05 timing grid on all their songs.  That is the ONLY thing I think they can improve on.

I would use wowlights sequences over the LOR sequence store any day of the week.

• Like 1

Irregardless of where you get sequences, you will have to copy/paste channels to match your display elements. 

While 1/2 of my singing faces sequences have been purchase, much of my non-singing sequen ces have been built from several shared sequences. 

Just start a thread with a song or 2 that you would like. 

There are so many good folks on this forum that will share sequences.  M

I’ve gotten a lot of sequences off of the forum but I’m looking at getting a few singing faces and they have a package that comes with sequences as well. I was just wondering if they actually worked or were any good or close to the music 

As stated above there are really no "download and go" sequences. Not everyone shares your channel configuration. You have to do a little work in this hobby.

On a side note, once again as stated there are many of us who "share" our sequences.

With that being said, I don't think it would be publicly acceptable to discuss if one companies sequences are better than any other company in a public forum. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

WOW lights is a LOR vendor and a great place to do business with, great customer service as well.

JR

As far as this thread, don't think anymore is knocking WOW's sequen ce, just that there are options in  buying/building sequence.

From a bigger perspective, as a forum for  eduction and info saringo, reviews and opinions on companies, and products are a valueable of "educational" forums.  Happens all the time when people ask about sources for hardware/components.  We shouldn't be limited in offer up only LOR sponsored venders. 

Staring xyz's sequences are a great value but not as tightly sync'ed as abc's sequence which cost 2x but are tighter sync, is for some, useful info. I have stated as such in past threads. 

• Like 1

I would like to point out that no one should go to dinner at their mother in laws and then not expect dirty looks when you mention how YOUR mom's food is better.

Know what I mean?

2 minutes ago, DevMike said:

I would like to point out that no one should go to dinner at their mother in laws and then not expect dirty looks when you mention how YOUR mom's food is better.

Know what I mean?

LOL

Cant like so that’s best I can do.

Reminds me of the old school rap song.

JR

Ok. I’m not try to find out which one is better. I’m just trying to figure out if wow lights is ligit  and works with the current software. I have a bunch of lor sequences and I’m just looking at other options as well. 

12 minutes ago, HLE said:

Ok. I’m not try to find out which one is better. I’m just trying to figure out if wow lights is ligit  and works with the current software. I have a bunch of lor sequences and I’m just looking at other options as well. 

Yes, they will work however as I mentioned above you will have to select channels from their or any sequences purchased or shared and copy/ paste from the donor to your sequence.

If you have 16 channels and you purchase or receive a free 16 channel sequence you can copy paste all 16 from donor to yours.

Or if you get a 16 channel sequence and the unit ID is the same as yours you open and play it in your show with no copy paste.

If you search for free shared sequences or purchase them don’t limit yourself to 16 channels- get for free or purchase what you can. You will one day add controllers.

But yes, they will work.

JR

7 hours ago, DevMike said:

Know what I mean?

I went to high school prom, not saying when, not calling out ages.  But it was an Italian restaurant. When I was asked how was my dinner( it wasn’t that good, and it was fettuccine alfredo). Jim Carey in liar liar pops in my head. And I say “I’ve had better”.  the guy that  picked the restaurant gave me dirty looks the rest of the night. It wasn’t my schools prom I only knew my date  

• The topic was locked