Light-O-Rama Forums

Wizards of winter band

ebrown1972

Has anyone seen the Wizards of Winter band in concert before?  Apparently some former members of TSO now play in this band. I bought tickets to a show in December to see them. Just wondering if anyone else has seen them and what you thought. Thanks,

Eric 

Never heard of the band, only the instrumental music by TSO.  

Does this band have an online video somewhere we can see them perform or at least hear how they sound?

Found this link: Wizards of Winter The Spirit of Christmas

Is this the right band?  They sound pretty good.

Edited by Orville
Edit found a link for Wizards of Winter Band and added it

5 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

Yes, that is the correct band. That is about the only video I could find of them. Hopefully it will be a good show

Look to the right of the video, I see quite a few links to other videos from them.  Sometimes it's Wizards in Winter Band, Other say Wizards of Winter or Wizards of Winter Band, but they are all appear to look and sound like the same group.  The above link I posted doesn't go to their Spirit of Christmas Video, that's a different link and you can find that one here with a couple others I found:

Spirit of Christmas by Wizards of Winter

Flight of the Snow Angels by Wizards of Winter

A Christmas Dream by Wizards of Winter

7 hours ago, Orville said:

Never heard of the band, only the instrumental music by TSO.  

Does this band have an online video somewhere we can see them perform or at least hear how they sound?

Found this link: Wizards of Winter The Spirit of Christmas

Is this the right band?  They sound pretty good.

Thanks for the links Orville. They seem to sound pretty good. I guess I will know December the 19th which is my birthday. I look forward to a good show. Thanks again,

Eric

5 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

Thanks for the links Orville. They seem to sound pretty good. I guess I will know December the 19th which is my birthday. I look forward to a good show. Thanks again,

Eric

You're welcome Eric.   I like their sound too.  I may have to think about getting some of their songs for next years 2019 Christmas Display! :D

• 3 months later...

I went to the concert last night and it was excellent. The drummer was a member of tso for 15 years. The narrator was a member of tso for 8 years. One of the members used to play for the blue oyster cult and one played for Ted Nugent. I believe there was 9 members in the band and all are very talented musicians. If they come to your area they are very much worth seeing. A+ in my book.

• The topic was locked