Light-O-Rama Forums

New setup question

Ruppy88

I have a 16 channel Pro I just got and  I went though the hardware setup last night and all was great doing that test(on,off, fade in), but in sequence editor, it’s not lighting my lights when I play the sequence.  The Controller is giving a no comm error, but I keep going back to the hardware test and it turns off and on the lights. What step am I missing?

8 minutes ago, Ruppy88 said:

I have a 16 channel Pro I just got and  I went though the hardware setup last night and all was great doing that test(on,off, fade in), but in sequence editor, it’s not lighting my lights when I play the sequence.  The Controller is giving a no comm error, but I keep going back to the hardware test and it turns off and on the lights. What step am I missing?

You need to set the controller up correctly into whatever version you are using.

Please fill out your profile with software version and level.

Also tell us how many other controllers. 

You simply haven't properly built the controller into your channel config properly.

HU is good for a "local test". Think of it as a back door to the controller. If the unit ID is set up and the controller has power the HU test will/ should work. However take that to the SE side of things and its a different story.

You have to add the controller to the sequence (not by just adding channels but by adding the device) and set up the network.

Feel free to pm me but I will need the answers to the questions above. I do not know S5 so that's another beast. But if S4 its very simple.

JR

You also can't have the HU and the sequence editor running at the same time.  And make sure that Control Lights is checked in the Play menu.

2 minutes ago, Ruppy88 said:

Sorry S4 basic plus. 

You don't have it configured properly in SE. Shoot me a cell # in PM in about an hour I can talk while I wait for my boys at school

JR