Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't Delete Duplicate Channel button

daughjs

I have Showtime v5.1.2 with an Advanced license.  I've created several props in the Preview Designer, and it created the appropriate channels. When I save, and return to the main sequencer window, the props are there, and I can expand to see the individual channels. For whatever reason, I noticed that for some props, the channels were not in order. So, I clicked & dragged to rearrange the channels in the correct order. When I tried to move the C1 channel to the top of the list, it created a copy of the channel just outside of the prop channel group, and left the original channel under my prop group. The new channel has the prop name as a prefix, and I cannot delete it. When I try to click and drag it back to the original prop group, the "not allowed" symbol comes up by the mouse pointer, and it won't let me move it.

The duplicate channel does not show up in the Preview Designer.

When I right-click the copied channel, I get 4 options: Zoomed Playback, Prop Definition, Convert to Grid View Group, & Sort Channels.

It is a true copy of the original channel because when I turn on the channel in the grid, both rows come on.

S5_channels.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback -- you found a bug!

The "Show All Items" grid view is a system generated grid view. You are allowed to re-order/move things within it, but you can't copy or hide items. This will be fixed in the next release.

Copying and hiding is allowed in grid views that you create.

Note that the channel is just listed twice in the grid -- you did not create a new channel.

Matt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi....

is the delete feature included in the latest version of the sequencer already?
I miss that too. It gets very confusing.

Werner

30 minutes ago, Werner Horst said:

is the delete feature included in the latest version of the sequencer already?

The "Show All Items" grid view is system-generated and does not allow items to be removed/hidden.

In grid views that you create, right-clicking on a prop name and selecting "Hide item" will remove it from the grid view.

Matt

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue and I have 5.4.2. Cannot remove duplicate channel entry from re-arranging channels. Maybe I am missing something but I cannot seem to figure out how to remove it. 

Talk about digging up an old thread.

Are you trying to remove an item in the "Show All Items" view or a view that you created?

Yea I know I tried to find the answer by searching this forum and also the facebook group but I couldn't find anything. I would rather get my answers here so I don't have to deal with the xlights trolls. I am sure I am missing something. It is the show all. I was moving around my singing tree prop channels and I wasn't watching the length of the placement bar. It duplicated itself outside of my prop as a main element channel. I tried to figure out how to get rid of it but in the end I just hid it. I would like to know how to delete in case it happens again. It sure would be a big help if there was more delete control on the sequence editor page for stupid mistakes.  

My procedure is to largely ignore the Show All View.  Don't do anything with it.  It will always show all items and it defaults to alphabetical order.  Just leave it that way.  Create your own view and there you can move, delete, etc to your heart's content.

You can build new views from scratch (it takes seconds to do), or you can save the existing with a new name and then edit that view.

• 4 months later...

As previously stated.  Create you own view and you can rearrange to your heart's content.  I essentially NEVER use the "Show all Items" view.