Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for Mounting Ideas for CCB bulbs and CCP Bullet nodes

Orville

These are he ones I bought directly from the Home Depot website:

Adams-Manufacturing-Deluxe-Shingle-Gutter-Light-Clips-Box-of-100

These will hold any size or type of bulb, icicle lights, rope light or the pixel bullet nodes.

And here's a photo it, it looks somewhat similar, but not exactly like the ones posted above by lkcubsrule.

Adams Manufacturing Christmas light clip.jpg

Edited by Orville

On 9/14/2018 at 7:45 AM, GriswoldStyle said:

You get about 2-3 years out of them... Depending on where they're at in the Sun they are great. 

Yes, this is very true. I've used them up north for several years. YMMV in Florida.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:49 AM, Mr. P said:

The Cannysystem clips are great for ridgelines.

https://www.cannysystems.com/

I wish I could find a decent clip for mounting my bulbs on my block retaining walls so I do have to force a nail in the cracks to hang the strings.

On 9/15/2018 at 2:13 PM, lkcubsrule said:

Yes, this is very true. I've used them up north for several years. YMMV in Florida.

The ones I posted above and the photo are UV resistant, so they should last for years outside with little to no degrading.  And I'm in Florida.  

Once I set mine up,  since they'll be holding RGB C7 style bulbs along the sidelines of my roof line, I plan on leaving them up year round.   Will see how well they will take that kind of actual abuse.

1 hour ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I wish I could find a decent clip for mounting my bulbs on my block retaining walls so I do have to force a nail in the cracks to hang the strings.

The ones I'm using are able to be set in different positions, they have a tongue on them {see large photo in my post above}, so maybe you could use some industrial double sided tape or possibly Velcro to secure them to your brick retaining walls on the clips tongue line?  

I know 3M makes some type of sticky tape they use on their hooks that will hold on to anything and pull clean when you take it down, won't even take the paint off painted surfaces, leastwise I've never had one do it used for hanging pictures in the house and they do have some for outdoors, but would be extremely costly to use them.   They only come in small packs of usually 5 to 10 clips, at least the ones I've seen are usually a very small quantity, and why it cost a small fortune to use them on hanging Christmas Light strands.   They may have a 20 pack now, but even that is too small a quantity to fill even the smallest of display needs.

Might check with the 3M Company and see if they happen to sell that type of double-sided sticky tape by itself.

One last suggestion is to make a small notch where you want to hang the lights on a clip in the brick, just small enough to securely slide the clip tongue into the mortar between the bricks and keep it held there.  Maybe leave the clips where they are year round so they're always there to string your lights each year.   I did that on my late mother in laws home where we used to live, I didn't leave the clips in, but just notched a small hole to slide a clip tongue into and  between the brick, worked great, and it really wasn't noticeable when the clip was removed, just took a little looking to find the same holes to use them again the next year.

Good Luck.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 11:31 AM, Orville said:

The ones I'm using are able to be set in different positions, they have a tongue on them {see large photo in my post above}, so maybe you could use some industrial double sided tape or possibly Velcro to secure them to your brick retaining walls on the clips tongue line?  

I know 3M makes some type of sticky tape they use on their hooks that will hold on to anything and pull clean when you take it down, won't even take the paint off painted surfaces, leastwise I've never had one do it used for hanging pictures in the house and they do have some for outdoors, but would be extremely costly to use them.   They only come in small packs of usually 5 to 10 clips, at least the ones I've seen are usually a very small quantity, and why it cost a small fortune to use them on hanging Christmas Light strands.   They may have a 20 pack now, but even that is too small a quantity to fill even the smallest of display needs.

Might check with the 3M Company and see if they happen to sell that type of double-sided sticky tape by itself.

One last suggestion is to make a small notch where you want to hang the lights on a clip in the brick, just small enough to securely slide the clip tongue into the mortar between the bricks and keep it held there.  Maybe leave the clips where they are year round so they're always there to string your lights each year.   I did that on my late mother in laws home where we used to live, I didn't leave the clips in, but just notched a small hole to slide a clip tongue into and  between the brick, worked great, and it really wasn't noticeable when the clip was removed, just took a little looking to find the same holes to use them again the next year.

Good Luck.

Good ideas.  I'll experiment.  thanks

22 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Good ideas.  I'll experiment.  thanks

I'm going to try and experiment with them, the tongue is wide enough that I could drill a small hole in them and maybe mount them using a small screw to areas where I don't want to slide them between roof shingles or other areas where a clip isn't usually able to be used unless it could be secured by other means as well.   And since I have millions of screws, but no double-sided industrial strength tape at the  moment.   Going to give this a try on some parts of my wooden handicap ramp.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked