Light-O-Rama Forums

Max number of pixels

Powers_Ronald

34 minutes ago, Bumble said:

Hi

Can anyone explain how to enable a second network in s5 if one network is not enough ?  I have a second red sub adapter and enough cat 5. I have 6 pixie controllers that need to be on separate networks according the pixel limits above.  Thanks ahead of time. 

It can be created the same as in my Pixie16 Config step by step directions. Skip to the network preference section.

Remember though you have to change the network in the SE as well. That is a question for someone else if you don't know it.

The first step is in NP though.

You don't need 6 networks though. 2-3 if I remember correctly without re reading everything.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Remember though you have to change the network in the SE as well.

Just to elaborate here, you need to change the network assignment on each prop you are putting into your new network.  I was running tests yesterday and found that one of my snowflakes wasn't working properly.  After doing some digging I found that I had missed reassigning it to the new network I had created.  Changed it from Reg to Aux B and it started working just fine.  To do this go to Preview Design double click the prop and you'll see the assignments on the right.  You should see:    Network   Unit ID  Start Circuit    End Circuit.  This is where you change the Network Assignment from Regular to your new Network, Aux A for example.  The Unit ID, Start/End Circuit values can remain the same.

It's been a while since I added an adapter, but as I recall when you connect it to your computer it will assign it to a COM Port.  You should be able to see it in HU.  Then in NP (Network Configuration) you need to assign your new COM port to the network you plan to use, I.E. Aux A, Aux B, etc.

Edited by Little_b
Spelling

On 11/12/2018 at 9:04 PM, Bumble said:

Can anyone explain how to enable a second network in s5 if one network is not enough ?  I have a second red sub adapter and enough cat 5. I have 6 pixie controllers that need to be on separate networks according the pixel limits above.

In Preview Design, go to the Channel Conflicts & Bulk Changes tab.

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.2.0/help/channel_conflicts_and_bulk_cha.htm

Change the drop-down next to "Show" to show LOR devices. Use Ctrl-click and/or shift-click to select the props you want to change. Then select Change > Set LOR Network.

Matt

For what it is worth....another data point

I upped my AUXA 500K enhanced LOR front yard network this year, by adding some new RGB props. It  has about 600 feet of cat5 wiring and 8 controllers.

I now have just over 3100 pixels and upwards of 9000 channels.

I use 1/10th second timings. Some musical sequences are ambitious as far as color changes. 

I finished my final testing last night and no problems seen.

1 hour ago, stevehoyt said:

For what it is worth....another data point

I upped my AUXA 500K enhanced LOR front yard network this year, by adding some new RGB props. It  has about 600 feet of cat5 wiring and 8 controllers.

I now have just over 3100 pixels and upwards of 9000 channels.

I use 1/10th second timings. Some musical sequences are ambitious as far as color changes. 

I finished my final testing last night and no problems seen.

Might help to know what controllers (gen) and distance between controllers. Also are all controllers maxed out.

Cat5 cable is irrelevant as far as I know. However certain controllers do not work well over a certain distance from controller to first node/ bulb/ pixel

JR