Light-O-Rama Forums

How far apart is good for pixel tree strip spacing?

GriswoldStyle

Next year I am going with pixels. but I am building the base and everything now so all I have to do is swap out the dumb nodes for pixels next year.

Now the calculations of the base (distance between strips at bottom) will affect where I dig the hole for the mast support and pour concrete around the sleeve for the poll.

The tree will be 16 ft tall. And have 16 strips. I am building a topmast that will be 15 inches in a circle to mount to a flange at the top and screw on to the end of the black iron pipe to mount the strips to that way I still have room if I want to make it a 32 strips later down the road. It will be a half circle tree for now. What is a good spacing that's not too far apart and not too clustered at the bottom? I have an entire side yard I can put it in but I would like to build the base and everything so that it will still look good when I put in the pixel strips and not be too wide or too small.

What would you guys suggest for spacing between the pixel strips at the bottom part of the base of the tree? I was thinking 10 inches apart at the bottom but I wanted to see what you guys thought of that or if anyone has found an ideal spacing.

Second part of the question is how wide is ideal for a 16 foot pixel tree base? This weekend I'm going to start on my base and I wanted to see some suggestions before I start. At 16 feet tall will an 8 foot wide base be too small? Or should I make it 10 foot wide?

Edited by GriswoldStyle

There is no ultimate dimensions, it all comes down to personal preference as some like them thinner and some wider. Ideally the base should be as wide as half the height at a minimum but I usually prefer 3/4 the height. Also the more strings you add and the closer they are the fuller it looks, sting spacing that it.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

I’m new to this world. I lack the expirence to offer advice on spacing. However, I’m in the processes of building a tree right now and I stumbled onto Walter Monkhouse’s ASAP strap and pole, building a base, and RGB tree instructions and the information on his website really Helpful. Go to www.magicchristmas.org and locate the how to section. It’s worth a look.

goodluck  

12 hours ago, HBChristmas said:

I’m new to this world. I lack the expirence to offer advice on spacing. However, I’m in the processes of building a tree right now and I stumbled onto Walter Monkhouse’s ASAP strap and pole, building a base, and RGB tree instructions and the information on his website really Helpful. Go to www.magicchristmas.org and locate the how to section. It’s worth a look.

goodluck  

LOL. I found that same website and I’m building three mega trees this year based on that design. Slightly modified for my purposes. I already have two completely build sets and it works awesome!!!!

• The topic was locked