Light-O-Rama Forums

How do correct a Bootloader issue with RGB Controller?

Orville

Trying to reprogram the RGB Controllers I received and one I set to unit 04, is now giving a Bootloader-CCB issue.   It finds the controller, but show that in the window where it defines controller type, ID and firmware installed.  This is a CCB-100, 4 pin 5V version.  The other 3 controllers I got, no issues, this was the only one I'm having an issue with.  These controllers were bought used.

I tried reinstalling the firmware for this unit, it's the 5V 4 pin version, and I know the firmware is v1.21 and it says that was successful when I installed it, but I can't get it to work.  just keep getting the same issue.  Software info is listed under my info to the left, S4 is what I'm using and here is a screen shot of the issue.

I have tried unplugging the controller from its power source, plug it back in after reloading the firmware, no go.  Tried rebooting computer, no go.  Tried different cat5 cables, still no go.    So I have no idea what I need to do to correct this.   I seem to have had this issue witha CTB16PC controller a long time back, but seeing these are two different controllers, and I don't remember how I got the bootloader problem fixed on the CTB16PC, I'm lost in getting this one working.

Appreciate any and all help to figure out to get this issue fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Bootloader-CCB_Problem.JPG

Orville sorry to see you are having some troubles with these new to you controllers. :(  I'm sure someone here will be able to help you figure it out. :) They did all work when I connected them to my computer.

Hi, I figured it out.  I had to reset the controller.  I found the info on the LOR Website and downloaded the manual for the CCB-100.  So got that working.  But trying to figure out how to change this setting {see screen shot} from a 2 to a 1.  

I can't find anywhere or how to change this. 

The other 3 controllers are set at 1, so there's got to be a way to do it, but I have not found it yet.  It's highlighted in yellow, CCB-100 ID 01, 02, and 03 are all set at 1 in this area, but controllers 04 and 05 have this set at 2 and I have no idea what the difference is, since they are all the same controller!  And instead of making each bulb light one at a time, these 2 make them light 2 at a time, which I want to change so they work like the other 3.  Looked through the config file to set them, and this is the only difference in them.

And no matter what I pick it always stays grayed out so I can't change it.  Very frustrating.

How do I change that to a 1.JPG

Edited by Orville

Have you ever thought that maybe 1 isn't available since it says "end to end ribbons? With 1 ribbon there would be no end to end, you have to have 2.  ?

16 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Have you ever thought that maybe 1 isn't available since it says "end to end ribbons? With 1 ribbon there would be no end to end, you have to have 2.  ?

Problem is these are bullet pixels and it's only 1 strand per port, not 2 per port as this would imply.  And since this issue is set at 2 it turns on 2 bulbs at the same time on the same strand, it should only be turning on 1 bulb at a time. 

None of the other controllers {just 04 and 05} are set at 2 and every single one shows the exact info, again, except 04 and 05 are set at 2, where 01,02 and 03 are set at 1.  

It doesn't make sense this can't be set, so why is it there if you can't change it?.

Edited by Orville

Just throwing this out, could it be that you are using a single ID so it automatically puts the bulbs end to end? What if you put it in Dual Normal instead of Normal does it give you the option then?

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Just throwing this out, could it be that you are using a single ID so it automatically puts the bulbs end to end? What if you put it in Dual Normal instead of Normal does it give you the option then?

Nope, no matter what I choose, that option stays grated out and inaccessible.  Weird that the other 3 are exactly the same as 04 and 05, and they have 1, where these have 2 in the box.   Very strange is all I can say.   So far they work as they should through the SE, so those two only work weird in the HWU.

Looks like a bug in that Hardware Utility. Attached is an old one. Right click the light bulb and select unload Light-O-Rama just to be safe. Then drop this on the desktop and see if you can fix the end to end problem.

LORHardware.exe

9 hours ago, LightORamaJohn said:

Looks like a bug in that Hardware Utility. Attached is an old one. Right click the light bulb and select unload Light-O-Rama just to be safe. Then drop this on the desktop and see if you can fix the end to end problem.

LORHardware.exe

John, tried copy and replacing the HWU you posted over the 4.3.24 version I have, but now I'm getting this error.  See screen shot.

Edit: Found the file and had to move the file from the C:\LORInternal\Downloads|\HWU to the directory it wanted and it worked.  

Thanks John.

CopiedFile_keep getting this.JPG

Edited by Orville

12 hours ago, LightORamaJohn said:

Here's the one I used. It's possible the latest version of LOR is organized differently; I don't follow the software that closely.

LOR_DeviceFile.txt

Thanks John.  Weird, I could have sworn I had answered this with a reply before you posted the LORDeviceFile, but that answer/reply seems to have vanished!

But I found the file, it's in my C:\LOR\LORInternal\Downloads\HWU directory.  So I just copied it to where the HWU was placed and  I got from you and it worked. 

Wonder why no one found that error of not being able to change the number of strands connected in the HWU RGB Config area when they were beta testing 4.3.34?  Seems that would have been a very obvious catch. LOL  But as they say, sometimes we don't see what's directly in front of us.  Looks like that's very true.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and the files.  At least I was able to get that dual light on fixed back to a single bulb at a time on.  The way I needed it to be.  Once I was able to change that 2 back to 1, strand worked as I needed it too.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked