1. 1. When do you start your setup.

• Early to mid September
    • Mid to Late September
    • Early to Mid October
    • Mid to Late October
    • Early to Mid November
    • Mid to Late November
    • Put everything up at the Last second

I normally post this every year around this time. So starts another year, and starts the time to begin setup. This is normally the time of the year that I start to run some wiring, and start to put out some props (mainly ones that can be doubled for Halloween) Then in Late October is when I start to put out the rest of the display hiding most behind Halloween elements. Since my mega Tree will be pixels this year instead of just 2 color LED I will be adding that to my Halloween display. 

Anybody else starting their setup, or getting ready to? 

Can't until later this month, start to early and the HOA gets on me, if i start late Sept. I can pass it off as halloween stuff, I get the house, roof and window stuff done, and then right after halloween I put out all the yard stuff.

The lights on the eves and the roof line goes up in mid to late October and gets used for Halloween.  Right after Halloween, the yard starts getting set up .  Goal is to be completed by the end of the weekend 10 days before Thanksgiving.  Opening night is Black Friday.

Start testing light strings and run some unseen cables late October, Nov 1st roof and house lights start going up for 8 houses which will take 2-3 weeks while we are waiting on cooler weather so we can get the last mowing done before the last decorations such as mega tree's etc can be placed on lawns. With a little luck will start testing 3-5 days before Thanksgiving then the show starts Thanksgiving night.

Would start earlier if grass would stop growing, Florida sunshine oh how it puts a thorn in our side.

Keith

Being in the south we have the same issue with grass. I have a lawn company that fertilizes every month and I have them start putting down pre-emergent in September instead of November like most of my neighbors. This tells the grass to stop growing and start hibernating for winter so it starts turning brown early.

I can usually get away with my last grass cutting before October 15 while my neighbors are still cutting the first week of December. Nothing worse then waiting on grass to stop growing so you can start putting in the lawn decorations.

I usually start the first weekend in Oct. with the roof line (easier to do when there's no snow ? ).  Then it's weekends and a full week after Halloween to get everything done in time for startup on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

• The topic was locked