Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Pex Arches

ericg2000

just taking a poll... i am going to make ccr arches with pex pipe.  i originally planned on cutting the ribbons in half and making 4 arches with 25 pixels each.  then i got to thinking about using the whole 50 pixel strip but stretching it in to two arches.  what do you prefer? 

http://www.christmascarolina.com/forums/diy-do-it-yourself/3578-pex-pipe-pixel-strip-leaping-arches.html  

Originally I was going to do it this way!

Now I have changed my mind and because of the design of my yard and my front fence I am doing full 16ft arches.  They will be 8 feet wide and about 8 feet tall.  Since Pex is to flimsy for my arches. I used schedule 80 gray pvc pipe in 20 foot sticks bought from a local plumbing supply store.  Big box stores don't sell this stuff.  I've zip tied the CCR to the pipe and then wrapped the whole thing with stretch wrap.  For the arch build itself I used wire cable, eye bolts, and turnbuckles so they are permanent all I have to do is zip tie the arch itself onto the fence.  So far I have built 2 now and I have the parts to build 4 more.  I will finish the build with a total of 10

i'm thinking about doing the whole ribbon arches.  this would let me use one ccc-2 for the arches and my other ccc-2 for another prop.  i have some pex pipe, but i haven't found any fittings that are an exact fit for them to make the feet.  

how does everyone secure the end of the ribbons to the end of the pipe?  the guy in the video sells some clips.  are there any other solutions for securing the ribbons?

Edited by ericg2000

• The topic was locked