Light-O-Rama Forums

Star converted

k6ccc

This is more just information, but it surprised me.

As I said in a different post, I am currently taking SS sequences that I had modified earlier this year to use my current channel layout (mainly expanding my pixel tree from 12 x 50 to 24 x 100), and now exporting those in legacy format to Sequencer.  These are all sequences that I have had for at least 2017 (using S4) and a few date back as far as 2014 (S3).  All were modified for this year's layout in whatever beta version of S5 was current at the time (March to July of this year).  On some of the sequences, I am getting this information message:

S5.1.2_SuperStar_Star_converted.png

I am used to seeing that on a freshly purchased sequence that originally has a six channel star, but after I convert the sequence to use my actual 270 pixel star, I have never seen it (nor would I expect to).  I'm getting this on about half of my sequences when I open them in SS 5.1.2.  As far as I can tell, nothing actually got changed in the sequences, and nothing changed in the Visualization since 2017.

Like I said, just information...

That message should appear if you are in CCR mode and have the 6 channel Star at the top and there was at least one effect for the 6 channel star and then you import a visualization that has the Star.

Not sure why you are seeing spurious ones.

27 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

That message should appear if you are in CCR mode and have the 6 channel Star at the top and there was at least one effect for the 6 channel star and then you import a visualization that has the Star.

Not sure why you are seeing spurious ones.

Unrelated, Brian did you redo the CCR tree setup? I am diving into the CCR Tree world this year and looking at different prop  setups. Thanks!

Never used CCR mode - always Visualization mode with the entire yard displayed.  As I said, I'm used to seeing that for the last year or two when opening a purchased sequence for the very first time, but after changing to my 270 pixel star, I never see it again.  Kinda surprised when I saw it last night and this morning.  But only on some sequences....

In S4 the CCR tree setup is the same as it always has been.

In S5 there is a 12 CCR Tree preview and 16 CCR Tree preview that has already been made for you. To access them do the following:

1) launch S5 Sequencer

2) click on the Preview flyout that is in the upper right

3) click on the plus sign

4) In the Preview Design dialog box click on "Add"

5) Select "SuperStar (online)" and click on Continue

6) Click on the checkbox of the Previews that you want and click on "Import Checked Items"

On 9/3/2018 at 1:30 PM, BrianBruderer said:

In S4 the CCR tree setup is the same as it always has been.

In S5 there is a 12 CCR Tree preview and 16 CCR Tree preview that has already been made for you. To access them do the following:

1) launch S5 Sequencer

2) click on the Preview flyout that is in the upper right

3) click on the plus sign

4) In the Preview Design dialog box click on "Add"

5) Select "SuperStar (online)" and click on Continue

6) Click on the checkbox of the Previews that you want and click on "Import Checked Items"

This is a GREAT time saver and was easy to implement when I tried it.   Although, I noted that my star effects didn't seem to match what I was seeing in the LOR S5 motion effects generator.  When I changed the "Max circuits" from 150 to 300, then it matched perfectly.  S5 sure makes things easier in many regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it will, but you need to edit the Prop and change the channel information to reflect that you are using two strings of 100 pixels each.

When you look at the way the channels are defined on the RGB star prop it may be confusing. But realize the "carry over" channels automatically get applied to the next string.

Yes, that looks correct! Thank you for the screen shots. That is indeed what you would do for a 16 CCR tree with an RGB star where you are using two strings of 100 pixels for the star.