Light-O-Rama Forums

where did it go

DLH lites

2 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Two years ago I replaced my vista.  But then last year I decided I needed two show computers so I had to draft the vista back into service. 

I was so happy to get rid of the last Vista computer that I had to use (all work computers - never had Vista at home)...

5 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

The red bulb when clicked  says scheduled play is off, I get a screen that says that , when I click control panel I get same thing

Then it is running amd behaving normally. If you right click on the lightbulb it will give you a menu of LOR options.

So what is the issue again?

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I was so happy to get rid of the last Vista computer that I had to use (all work computers - never had Vista at home)...

Managed to skip Vista entirely except for a couple of users who had it on laptops at work. Didn't see too much of 8 either.

3 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

The red bulb when clicked  says scheduled play is off, I get a screen that says that , when I click control panel I get same thing

David

I assume something like this:

S5.1.2_Status_display.png

That is the status status display panel.  That is correct if you don't have a show scheduled and the schedule enabled.  Assuming you have a show built and scheduled, if you right click on the red light bulb and select "Enable schedule", you will get something like this on the status display:

S5.1.2_Status_display-running.png

The light bulb will turn blue when the schedule is enabled.

If you have a show built, but not scheduled, or you want to run a show at a time other than the scheduled time, you can right click on the light bulb and select "Show on Demand".  After selecting the show to run, the status will look something like this:

S5.1.2_Status_display-demand.png

And yes, I started a show on demand just so I could get this screen capture...

Thanks Jim , I stumbled around and found the old program from last year,along with the control panel but now I need in get the new ID's for the controllers I just changed in it . I am almost there.

David

Yes, that's what you should be getting.  The only time you don't worry about that is when you are sequencing in the Sequence Editor{SE}, but make sure the "Control Lights" is checked under the "Play" option on the toolbar, then when you play the sequence in the SE, your controllers will also control the lights you've programmed, otherwise if it isn't, you won't see the lights do anything..

I'm still using an ancient desktop for my LOR show computer as well, but I do have Windows 7 Home Edition on it.  I'd have preferred to continue to use XP, but since it wasn't being supported any longer, opted to go to Windows 7, but I want no part of Windows 10!   Besides that, my computer won't even run it, says it's not equipped to do so, refuses to install on this machine.   So I don't have to worry about Win 10. LOL.

ok went to the play button and found control lites but it wont check , i also have added and new controller so now there are two , I would like to see the new one on the old program from last year so I can add more lites to that program

David

Do you have any other programs open at the same time?  If the HWU is open, it won't check {if memory serves me right}.  Close all other open LOR programs except for the SE then you should be able to check it.  Unless it's not seeing the comm port. 

If your lights can be controlled in the HWU, then the comm port should be set. 

So I'm thinking you've got another LOR program open {Control panel has to be running} that is conflicting with the SE to Control Lights option in it.  Again, close all other open LOR software {except Control Panel} and try to enable the Control Lights option again.  Hopefully this will resolve that issue.

Hey  Guys -update--  I was able to set the controllers with new ID's , thank you for your help. Yesterday with the help line at LOR  we figured out my software had crashed and I got instructions on how to remove and replace it ^&^%$$& computers !!!  I will keep yall posted , I am at work listening to new music selections to program.  Now I have to get the nerve to get on the roof and put up the four five foot and three  four foot tall snowflakes, wish me luck  ! A 68 year old in second childhood never too late to get happy.

David

14 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

Mr. P did as you ask filled in profile, any other info , just ring out .

David

Makes things a lot easier when you come back and ask more questions,, and you will.

• The topic was locked