Light-O-Rama Forums

where did it go

DLH lites

HEP ME HEP ME, last year was my first year , got the kit built , programed the music ,it worked great ,  Just got another kit built it this weekend, works fine ,  BUT THEN ,  a sticky wicket,  hooked both units up and I can't get the controller's to have different ID's ,they both work together. How do I set each one?   I can get them both to lite the lights, but not each one. That was problem one.  There is still the program from last year in the LOR program which I wanted to use and add to it but when I click the control panel  I get a error that says the LOR tray is empty ,where did it go???? OY  . If ya want yer old turntable fixed, or yer music system tuned call me, but I am not the greatest computer guy , truly black magic.  This year 32 channels, four music selections and twice as any led lites as last year , now if I  could only get the damn thang to work . Any help would be great before I strangle my self with a new set of c9 led's.

David

soft ware is 4.3.24  the controllers are the both the same kits ctb16k,  I go to the hardware setting and make them work at the same time  but not each one , then the control window has gone into hiding , Thanks Mr. P

David

When LOR sends you a controller it is already set to ID 1. You will need to go into the Hardware Utility and change one of the controllers to ID 2. Right now both are set to ID 1 so they will both do the exact same thing.

I kinda figured that was the case but I cant seem to change it , when I change new unit to two ,they both still respond. is there a order to get it right.

David

When you change the ID, make sure only one controller is connected.  If you have both controllers connected and you change the ID from 01 to 02, both controllers will change ID to 02.  After changing the ID for one controller, then connect the other controller.  Then you should have one with ID 01 and one with whatever ID you changed it to (presumably 02).

#1. Are you trying to set BOTH controllers to a new ID connected at the same time?   If, Yes, then you need to disconnect one controller.  You set one controller at a time for their ID #'s.  If you have multiple units and they have the same ID #, every time you reset the ID in the HWU, it will set all controllers with that ID #.  Example, both your controllers are ID #01, you have both connected, you open HWU and set new ID for #01 to #02, BOTH controllers will now have ID #02.

Once each controller has it's own unique ID #, then and ONLY THEN can you have all of them connected and change each ones ID # in the HWU independantly.

I have 4 CTB16PC controllers and each one has it's own ID #,  one is #06, and in succession, #07, #08 and #09.  Since all 4 have different ID's I can open the HWU with all connected and change any of them to another ID as long as I DO NOT change one of them to the same ID # of another controller, then you'd have to disconnect all the other controllers and re-set the ID # on the one you changed to a same ID # of another controller.  I.E. you have #06, #07, #08, and #09, but you change unit ID #09 to #07, your HWU will then only 3 controllers, #06, #07 and #08 because you have 2 units as #07.  Sometimes you may want 2 controllers to have the same number, but that's not common.

As for the control window, do you have the LOR bulb {Red icon} in the system tray{far bottom left of screen}, if yes, and you aren't getting the menu of software, then something isn't installed correctly and you may need to re-install the software suite again, SAVE ALL YOUR WORK!

Now if the LOR Bulb {again, red icon} IS NOT in the system tray, then the software is NOT loaded into the computer, run the LOR Control Program, then right click the red bulb in the system tray, then click on and make sure "Launch at Startup" is checked.  Most often there will be 3 check marks in the pop up menu, "Launch at Startup", "Show Player Memory Restarts" and "Used Compress Sequences" are all normally checked off on a computer that runs the shows.

Not sure if any of this will resolve your issues, but they are what comes to mind as to what the issues might be.

Good Luck!

P.S. If I could owned a vehicle and was still able to drive. I'd just drive down to Fort Lauderdale and help you out since I'm only about 2-3 hours away from you in East Orlando.

EDIT: p.s.s.  Sorry about the long winded post folks, looks like 3 of us were typing answers at the same time. :)

Edited by Orville

Also, don't use the "Set New Unit ID" drop down, use the "Change Existing ID". In the Old ID drop down choose any unit and in the New ID drop down select the ID you want.

Edited by Mr. P

6 minutes ago, Orville said:

P.S. If I could owned a vehicle and was still able to drive. I'd just drive down to Fort Lauderdale and help you out since I'm only about 2-3 hours away from you in East Orlando.

You use to drive like me lol. 2 hour drive down the turnpike if the wife's not in the car but if the wife is then it took 3 hours lol. Used to love that drive from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale area. But settled down in the slower-paced lifestyle on the West Coast. Still drive like I'm from Fort Lauderdale area though LOL

Edited by GriswoldStyle

WOW guys thanks I will give  all that a try , think I tried that but will do it again.   You guys are great , let me see how far I get. We are having a tropical storm  here in fort laud so I got time on my hands, will keep yall posted

David

Where is here?  If you entered it in your profile, I can’t see it because I’m reading this on a #%<?& iPhone and the profile info does not show.

Good luck dealing with the weather...

OK got the id's for each unit , damn yall are good , old dawg here trying to learn new tricks, now I will tackle the lack of control panel , Keep ya posted !

David

38 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

You use to drive like me lol. 2 hour drive down the turnpike if the wife's not in the car but if the wife is then it took 3 hours lol. Used to love that drive from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale area. But settled down in the slower-paced lifestyle on the West Coast. Still drive like I'm from Fort Lauderdale area though LOL

Shhh, actually if the wife was with me I would want to get to where I was going a lot sooner. 

If she's with me it may only take me an hour or less to get there!?????

If I could afford to move, I'd move over to the West Coast area, Plant City to be exact.  Then I could go and watch the trains at the diamond and train museum over there.   Haven't been there since they built that new train viewing platform for rail buffs like me.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

Me again   tried to reinstall software again I got nuttin  , put the disc in the drive ,runs I get zero. I did this a year ago , cant remember the process  any suggestions , I tried the windows explore thing didn't get any where with that although there was a selection for repair of the software it didn't work either.

David

1 hour ago, DLH lites said:

now I will tackle the lack of control panel , Keep ya posted !

If the LOR Lightbulb is not visible in the System tray, lower right end of the taskbar, assuming Win 10 try the following. 

Right click on an empty area of the task bar, select Taskbar Settings, scroll down a bit to Notification Area, click on Select which Icons To Appear on Taskbar.

Turn switch on and select which apps you want to have appear, making sure LORtray is one of them, ..........

done.

Thanks P   the computer is old like me ,, it has a crank, its an old dell laptop with vista, worked fine last year.

David

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

its an old dell laptop with vista, worked fine last year.

Same idea, Some of the Sys Tray icons may be hidden. Right click on Task Bar, look for settings or properties, and click on the notification tab and uncheck, hide inactive icons.

21 minutes ago, DLH lites said:

Thanks P   the computer is old like me ,, it has a crank, its an old dell laptop with vista, worked fine last year.

David

Two years ago I replaced my vista.  But then last year I decided I needed two show computers so I had to draft the vista back into service. 

The red bulb when clicked  says scheduled play is off, I get a screen that says that , when I click control panel I get same thing

David