Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR arches in S5

Light Nerd

Anyone know the best way to program CCR RGB arches in S5? Do you use SS to do that? This is my first attempt at these arches so I may need elementary advice. 

Also the ribbons are 16’ as we all know, any advice on what length makes sense? They will be about 100’ from the road. 

I am using S5. I have 4 CCR arches that I am adding this year too. Each is also the length of one ccr ribbon. I have defined a prop for each and then grouped them into another prop.So far it seems to be working out fine. I mostly use motion effects on the group prop.

Steve

I have six arches that use CCPs.  One advantage to pixel strings over ribbons is that you can build it whatever length you want.  In my case, the pixels are 2.0 inches apart resulting in a little over eight feet of lit length.  The actual arches are 10 feet, but the bottom eight inches or so slides over the rebar that holds it in place.   Photos on my web site at:  http://newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

i have always sequenced my entire show is SuperStar.  Moved from S4 to S5 this year, but that did not change the sequencing for the arches.

Another vote for CCP strings.  In addition to the advantage that Jim pointed out, I've found that it was much easier bouncing between  SS and S5 sequencer with CCP then the CCR/CCB, and cleaner as well. 

My $0.02,   

Ian 

I'm using ribbons inside my arches and use S5.  For me, S5 provides a fast and easy way to add lot of nice effects without needing to use SS.  I guess it is just a personal choice thing.

Ribbons as I mentioned above using Matt Johnsons design...see the video below they really look good with the tubing he suggests 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help, S5 is waaaaaaay easier to do this in. I have no idea why I thought doing it through SS was the way to go.

Love the construction video too! I am on my way to get this done. Thank you all!

1 hour ago, Light Nerd said:

Thanks for the help, S5 is waaaaaaay easier to do this in. I have no idea why I thought doing it through SS was the way to go.

I have moved to S5 this year, but I still LOVE SuperStar.  If it were not for channel counts, I would still sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar.  However my P10 matrix is 18,432 channels and my P5 matrix is 36,864 channels, and I only have a 12,000 channel SuperStar license.  so the two matrix panels are using Motion Effect in S5, but EVERYTHING else is (and largely will continue) to be sequenced in SuperStar.