Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview Expansion

Little_b

Using 5.1.2 Pro

Is it possible to increase the size of the preview design window? I have been using a photo I took of my house, but I cut the photo off at the side of the garage since I didn't have anything to the side of it, but now I want to add some props to that side.  Can I add to preview without having to take a new photo and without having to go back and adjust every prop to line up in the preview photo?  Hopefully this makes sense.

You will need a new background picture - you can either edit the existing one to add some empty space on the side, or take a new one.

Once you replace the background picture, you can select all props in Preview Design by clicking on one prop in the list then using the Ctrl-A shortcut. Now grab one of the red corners and narrow the existing props. With everything still selected, grab the group and shift it into place. This should get you most of the way there. Some final adjustments will certainly need to be made.

Matt

Thanks Matt.  I figured this is what I'd have to do, but was just hoping for an easier way.

Just took the whole preview and shrunk it a little and decided to bag a new photo, for now.

Edited by Little_b
Update

• 5 months later...

Matt,

I need to replace my background photo also. 

My question is what is the best / biggest size of file 1-2-3-20 Mbyte's that works well in S5?

Jack

also could you make it so the preview window can "pop out" of the main window. I have dual screens and it would be nice to maximize one screen for sequencing and the other screen for stuff like previews.

12 minutes ago, ndutton said:

also could you make it so the preview window can "pop out" of the main window. I have dual screens and it would be nice to maximize one screen for sequencing and the other screen for stuff like previews.

It already does.  Just grab the top of the preview window and drag it as desired.  Change size as well.

I also run two monitors with the main screen on the left monitor and the preview on the right.

If your Playback window doesn't open go to the Window Tab on the Sequence page and click on View Playback Window. Sometimes you have to resize the Image.

Jack

On 2/9/2019 at 9:50 PM, Jack said:

Matt,

I need to replace my background photo also. 

My question is what is the best / biggest size of file 1-2-3-20 Mbyte's that works well in S5?

Jack

20 MB is definitely overkill. Anything from 100 KB to 2 MB should be ok.