Light-O-Rama Forums

count down

evan.a

I'm ready!!

I am 100% ready to go (I am limited by my rental's electrical abilities, and my wife just had twins so I had to plan faaaar ahead!!!) I added 16 more channels for 64 total and the songs are good to go.

But.......I'm trying to BUY a home!!!

So if im lucky, I go from 100% ready to like maybe 5%-10%!!!

HAHA!!! And that is not so bad! And the best part: I have 4 more 16 channel controllers ready to go if I move!!!!!

So wish me luck in going from ready to not!!!

Eric

I think I have one more song to sequence, one more breaker to install, and a few odds and extension cords to make but other than that I'm maybe ready....

-Evan

Right now I'm trying to get my first Halloween show ready. I did by two 16 chnl controllers during the secret sale and plan on adding a mega tree for Christmas, but have yet to doing anything on the project. I probably wont start anything for Christmas until I know HW is complete. I do like the pressure though.

I'm a ways behind NW Santa and starting to feel the pressure too.

I also have a friend who is in a band and they want to record a Christmas song for me to put into the display which is really great. The only thing is the song will be a surprise, I'm not sure how long the song is going to be and he says it will be done at the end of October, maybe....

So, how much easier is it to get ready if you are a veteran LORer vs. 1st year newbie starting fresh?

Or is it more work re-sequencing a library of existing songs and changing a display around because most people end up buying more controllers in the off season?

I am ready to begin on November 1st. I shouldn't have too much to do when that day comes ... sequence my songs, finalize my mega tree layout, buy lights, build my 51 north poles, build the Bethlehem star, put my controllers together, build the track for the train and buy extension cords.

Is November 1st to late of a date to start things ... :shock:

I do have my design layout done :D

OK - I am kidding. I have my controllers put together, I just placed my wire order, my mega tree layout is complete. I am currently working on my sequences, still need to buy more lights, build my star and build the track for the train. I started building the north poles and still have 45 to do. I have a project weekend planned for 8/16 that my whole family will help me complete these.

As you can see, I don't have much to do ... so thanks for the reminder that time is fast approaching.

I am starting to feel like a pressure cooker :(

Wow. November 1st seems like a long ways away.

Fo us Halloween decorators, November 1st is actually take-down day.

Go time is October 1st. Now that's a deadline that will get me off the couch!