Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Text

Paul Godard

Hi,

I would like to add lots of text at one time. I am building a show for November 11 and have all the names and the date that our local military women and men who were killed in action. Is there any way I could past more then one at a time into Super Star?

Thank you 

Paul 

Calgary Canada

12 minutes ago, Paul Godard said:

Hi,

I would like to add lots of text at one time. I am building a show for November 11 and have all the names and the date that our local military women and men who were killed in action. Is there any way I could past more then one at a time into Super Star? 

Thank you 

Paul 

Calgary Canada

You can paste as much as you can copy, however I do not know how you can slow them down. 

I just pasted your entire question and it played but it is fast ` I had a brain fart. You can slow it down by changing the end time setting. The longer you make it the slower it will play. Sorry, its been a minute since I used SS.

You just delete the ABCDEF that Brian built as default and replace it with whatever you copied. Then you add the "text action" and hit play.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Hi ,

I have attached the list of names Its 82 pages. ( 3700 names  )

If I could do one page at a time, I would love that but I can only post one name at a time in S/S. Should I change from .pdf to something else?        Any help would be great.

Thanks Again 

Paul G

2017-Field-of-Crosses-Soldier-List.pdf

1 hour ago, Paul Godard said:

Hi ,

I have attached the list of names Its 82 pages. ( 3700 names  )

If I could do one page at a time, I would love that but I can only post one name at a time in S/S. Should I change from .pdf to something else?        Any help would be great.

Thanks Again 

Paul G

2017-Field-of-Crosses-Soldier-List.pdf

I don’t know what to tell you. I copy pasted your entire first question without failure.

You could try making it a word do 

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I don’t know what to tell you. I copy pasted your entire first question without failure.

You could try making it a word do 

JR

It may be because the pages have lists of names in columns and not sentences in paragraphs.

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It may be because the pages have lists of names in columns and not sentences in paragraphs.

I had thought about that to but I am driving so hard to text light to light.

JR

Thank you to everyone helping me with this. I have 12 CCR set up in a tree pattern 24' at the bottom 1' at the top and 20' tall

Paul  

Names from right to left will be 12 columns and very hard to read at only 2 or 3 letters at a time.    I suggest the words travel from top to bottom.     Maybe a sequence for each letter of the alphabet?   This is going to be a challenge 

I have been trying a few things but the best I have found so far is one name at a time for 6 sec to travel left to right. 

I will keep on it. I still have 72 days ?

Paul

What’s the Canadian count. I knew at one time but retired in 08 have lost track.

I was really close to your border at Fort Drum, NY.

JR

How about you let the guests pick the name they want to see?    I will experiment from here. 

I MAY be able to generate 3700 sequences.   and then we can set you up with a phone app picker to let people look through the names and find their relative.       When there is nothing in the queue the next name (sequence) in the list will play. 

These have an animation so you can see what text they have.  I did it sideways but it will play top to bottom on your lights.     They will all have to be regenerated with your network and unit numbers. 

They are .lms but will be silent.  This assists in scheduling them.   

If you could describe this event a little more it would be helpful.     It will take four or more hours to see all of them.   If we could group them in some way it would be better. At least six.   Maybe by era  WW1 WW2 or something.  If we are able to get them selectable the picker will be hard to use if there are too many. 

Are there other lights in the display?    I suggest this scrolling text run on its own show computer.  Other sequenced song run on their own show computer with music.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Hi,

I agree a few different groups would make a more sensible display. 

As for the show, I have never done anything for our vets but have a flag flying. I shut down my Halloween display on November 1 with no Christmas lights on tell Nov 15.

For this new show, Nov 11, I was thinking to have only the star on top of the CCR tree as well as my 12 CCRs. I think in this case the less lights the better.

Paul G

Hi Bob,I have been working on the files you posted. (Thank You) Is there a way I can convert the .lms to .sup? I would like to use Super Star to layer the names at different heights on the tree.

Paul

Unable to help on that.   If you are set on SS, I will need to wish you well on your project.   Attached is the extracted and cleaned Vet name file I used to build the .lms sequences.

If you want me to re-build the .lms files I sent you to play on your lights top to bottom I can, but you need to send me a .lcc with just the matrix so I can get the network and units.   Also I can change the font and colors to your preference. 

Bob, I hope you pardon me for my ignorance,I am far from being a computer type of person.I think I've attached the file that you've asked for but I could be wrong and if I am wrong please be patient.Thank you for taking an interest in helping me out in this project.

Paul

Pauls 16X16 12ccr.zip

Yes  Paul.  This as helped me with seeing your two networks and unit numbers.   I presume the controllers are at the bottom but I need to know which side (seen from the front) has unit3.   

Did you want a different font or color?  I used arial narrow 10pt which is exactly 12 pixels high.    About 10 letters can be seen at once across 50 pixels.   Moving right to left you only get 3-4 letters at once.

I have decided to make you a quick explanation video.