Light-O-Rama Forums

transmitter group buy for LOR members 8/2 thru 11/30

taybrynn

[align=center]biggrin.gif EDM LCD TRANSMITTER GROUP BUY
[/align][align=center]BATCH#7 - 6 of 10 orders confirmed biggrin.gif[/align][align=center]edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase: [/align]

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• doublea

• mmaness

• John Hertig

Hi All,

I just want to let you guys know that today, I put my Transmitter together using Taybrynn wonderful instructions. They were excellent!. I put in the chip, soldered the 3 points on the power adapter and "VOILA", I was transmitting in less than 20 min. LOL

I could not believe the "WONDERFUL STEREO" sound quality that came through the speakers in my Dodge Ram. It was awesome!! It was like listening to a Radio Station!!!!! I drove 2 blocks in either direction of my house and the sound was still clear as a bell. I didn't change any settings the factory set. I only used the wire antenna that came with the unit. I am very pleased with this unit and would recommend it to anyone! AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH SCOTT!!!!!!!!!! for setting this up for the LOR members. You really helped this "Newbie"!!! I am very HAPPY and SATISFIED!!!!!! I can't wait to get my display up and running!

Scrubs63/Wes

Scrubs63 wrote:

Hi All,

... I didn't change any settings the factory set. ...

Scrubs63/Wes

Did you check that the default frequency it powers up on had no signal on it before you started transmitting? It is wonderful that it works, but if you're 'stepping' on somone else's signal it might not be so wonderful in the long run.

Before I even put the kit together, I found 2 frequencies which had no signal on them whatsoever, and little or no signal on the frequencies on each side of them. Then I drove around the neighborhood, making sure there was no signal on them anywhere near me. Only then did I assemble, set the frequency to the one I chose as my primary, and try transmitting.

Hi John,

Yes I checked everything before I tested it. I have over 10 stations to choose from. I am not worried about doing anything that would get me in trouble with the FCC because I am following the proper guidelines. I think some of you are really making a bigger deal out of this than it really is. All you have to do is follow the rules laid out to you in the operating instructions 1. Don't power up more 10mW. 2. Don't use a Station that is in use. Pretty self-explanatory. Thanks for the advice.

Scrubs63

Since the EDM LCD transmitter group purchase can take up to 1 month to arrive after purchasing on the group buy link ...

I have decided that I will end the EDM transmitter sale on 10/31 instead of on 11/30. :)

This way, everyone that orders by 10/31 can have it by 12/1 or earlier.

smile.gif Thanks to everyone who has participated in 2008 ... we have almost 100 members with an EDM ... and the word is getting out that these are the real deal ... and their product support is equally unheard of. wink.gif

We are at 6 of 10 orders on batch#7 currently ...

[align=center]biggrin.gif EDM LCD TRANSMITTER GROUP BUY

BATCH#7 -

7 of 10
orders confirmed biggrin.gif

3 more to go, then they all ship ...[/align][align=center]edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase: [/align]

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

[align=center]** now is the best time to get in on the sale **
[/align][align=center]biggrin.gif EDM LCD TRANSMITTER GROUP BUY

BATCH#7 - 9 of 10 orders confirmed :shock:

just 1 more to go, then they all ship ...[/align]

I received my EDM transmitter last week and finally had time to make it work. Packaging was good everything was there and with Scotts instructions and edms emailed instruction I dont see a real need to have them pakaged with the transmitter,just a small minor inconvienance.

It took 5 minutes to heat up my solder station and 1 min to solder the conection. the power plug fit tight did not need anything to hold it in place. Intalled the chip and it was ready.

I also have a new Ramsey fm25b i bought them both and thought back up.

I tested both using what they came with fm25b with whip antenna and EDM LCD with simple wire test antenna. In My opinion the EDM ssounds much better No noise and very clear stereo seperation. The fm25b was good but not as good the EDM.

With the power set for 10mv on the edm it did a very good job covering my yard and 2 houses in both direction,plenty for waht I need. The Fm 25b was set midway on the pot. and transmitted much much farther, 3 blocks, but again sound was not near as good. It maybe not apples and apples using the test antenna but thats how I see it with packaged units. Also if you like to build things the Ramseys was very nice to build and play with.

I hopw when I have time to build a test antenna to run both on to realy test them out but for now its a tune too sign arches and lots of programming.

EDM will be what I use and the fm25b as back up.

Just another addicted newbie

Thanks Scott for putting this together

Tony,

What an awesome review ... thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with both the Ramsey FM25B and the EDM LCD.

To be honest, its consistent with what I've heard from many others.

I know that most folks can get by with just the EDM LCD on 10mW and no additional antenna (just the wire test antenna) ... but I know that some radio (pirate) folks using a real antenna can get around 1 mile of range, even through the woods ... which is way overkill for our shows ... which usually only need line of site range.

** important notice **

Batch #8 will be postponed because of potential (upcoming) problems with a supplier. This should not affect anyone who just ordered for batch#7 .

Unfortunately, it means that the group buy is essentially 'on hold' for now. I was just informed of this by EDM this morning. They do not want customers affected, so this is a precaution to prevent having unhappy customers order then get delayed, etc.

If and when the sale resumes ... I will be starting a new sale thread (with a correct end date in the thread subject) ... so consider this thread "dead", except for providing feedback transmitters sold through batch #7 ... please continue to post your experiences!!

If you are interested in the sale when it resumes, please drop me a PM and I'll put you on a waiting list.

Best regards,
Scott

Ok - batch#8 will resume tonight ... and in a new thread, which shows the new cut-off date of 10/31 on it.

Batch#8 will be limited to just 10 orders only, no more. Once the 10th order is placed, it will close and no more orders can be placed into batch#8.

Also, on a related note ... EDM told me that they are looking for a Ramsey FM30B owner who would be willing to trade for a new EDM LCD ... they are looking for a test unit to compare with ... this sounds foolish, based on price ... but based on the reviews I've heard ... this might be a smart thing to consider. PM me if your interested ...

I'm part of batch #7 and recieved mine today via USPS ( I used my nine digit zip code when I ordered - speeds things up in the post office). No damage to the box and the parts inside packed ok. (See photos). It took me more time to locate and stage my tools and put them away to put the unit together than that of the actual time to do the labor on the unit.

Easy to do, ( I have some shallow experience soldering). I used a 20 watt iron with a pointed tip. Be sure to tin the iron tip and keep it clean. It just took a second to make the solder joint. (See photos).

I used a screw driver head to support the power jack during the soldering process - it works fine with a steady - light touch hand for me.

The instruction online or the ones sent with email when purchased are just fine for me. I never printed a set, just had the laptop in front of me when I did the job.

Have no worry about ordering and putting together the product.

Powered up ok - yet to test for distance but it transmitted to my house system just fine!

Good Luck!

Attached files 157683=9131-Box.jpg

Just to clarify ... Jeff was in batch#6 (not #7 as mentioned).

Batch#7 ended ~ 17 days after batch#6 did ... just
to set expectations a little more realistically.

I don't think anyone from batch#7 will get theirs for another week
or two, most likely.

Scott