Light-O-Rama Forums

transmitter group buy for LOR members 8/2 thru 11/30

taybrynn

edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

Please NOTE: This is a private sale and is not affiliated with Light O Rama, Inc.

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase:

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

Additional Information:

• The EDM LCD is very comparable to Ramsey transmitters but at a much lower price point.

• The LCD transmitter includes variable power control and should only be operated in a manner compliant with FCC Part15 regulations. This means making a wise choice of frequency, antenna and operating with the minimum amount of power required for your display. Typically, the included whip-antenna works just fine and provides plenty of transmission range.

• The transmitters include a 2 year mfgr warranty std. compared to 1 year for Ramsey units.

• EDM support is excellent and they also have a yahoo group for owners.

• About 40 users have already purchased an EDM transmitter via. this members only sale in 2008. Feel free to ask them what they think and how the unit works.

• The EDM LCD is a kit, but requires only very basic soldering skills, so it is appropriate for almost almost who can solder a power lead. The kit typically only takes 15 minutes (or less) to assemble.

• If you are looking for a "kit experience", then the Ramsey may be a better choice for you. Many people are afraid of the Ramsey kits or simply cannot afford them ... the EDM LCD is a great "no regrets" alternative.

• Shipping and handling is $12 per order

• Each member can can order up to (2) transmitters.

• Optional shipping insurance is available

• Please don't wait too long to purchase your transmitter if your planning a show for 2008.

• Keep in mind that a backup transmitter is often a good idea -- as the loss of your transmitter can basically be a show stopper.

Rules:

• Once 10 orders are placed, all transmitters will ship out together, usually within 2 business days.

• Each group of 10+ orders is called a batch. So if you miss the current batch, you can always place an order and will be part of the next batch.

• Typically, the first 5 orders goes a little slower than the last 5 orders. I would advise you to place your orders ASAP, so that everyone gets their transmitted in the shortest # of days possible.

• Typically, each batch completes in 1-3 weeks, but depends on member demand.

• On the day 10 orders are received, you can still place orders up till midnight (SA time) that same day ... this is typically PST+9,MST+8,CST+7,EST+6 . So if 10 orders is say reached at 10am EST, then this would mean that the sale would end 8 hours later, or at 6pm EST, or 6+6=12pm SA time.

• This is a "members only" sale, so I will not send you the sale link unless you are a valid member of LOR, PC, SCL or DIYC. New members joining just to participate in the sale will not be permitted.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• doublea

• mmaness

• John Hertig

Batch#4 update:

2 of 10 confirmed orders thus far

Note: only the LCD model is available via. this promotion. This means the LED model will no longer be sold.

Batch#4 update:

7 of 10 confirmed orders - as of 10:51am MST

Going fast ... likely to end this batch today or tomorrow ...

Remember "a day" ends at midnight, SA time.

Here is a quick way to get the SA time:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_ZA.aspx

So the batch ordering "day" ends at the following times, generally speaking, but look it up on the above link just to be sure.

3pm PST

4pm MST

5pm CST

6pm EST

So if we get 10 orders before the time(s) above, then no more orders can be added after that time to batch#4 ... they would automatically go into batch#5 after the ordering page becomes available again.

If we get 10 orders after the time(s) above, then batch#4 can continue taking orders (with no wait!) till the above times on the following day.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen this 2nd scenario happen yet ... normally people get excited (near the end of a batch) and order quickly and we typically hit 10 around mid day +- 2 hours.

EDM normally takes their PC SALE ordering page down at midnight, to ensure no orders are placed after the batch (ordering) deadline ... a problem we had a while back. They made this deadline to ensure that folks who have already ordered, can get their transmitters ASAP and also to allow a few folks an opportunity to get in at the last minute.

Ok -- what a great response to batch#4 ... we had 15 members participate and wrapped up batch#4 in a record 3 days!

We are officially into a new batch (of 10 orders) ... batch#5 has started.

The same sale details apply.

If your looking for a Ramsey quality transmitter at a lower price point ... the EDM is a no regrets alternative with twice the warranty (2 years) and excellent support. Read the links in the post at the beginning of this thread.

The sale price is 10% off the flagship EDM LCD (model) and is for 'members only'.

PM taybrynn for sale details, if interested.

Sorry for any delays folks ... you should all have PM replies (from me) now. I was away camping for a couple nights. :P

barbosaa wrote:

ok thanks i wanna buy in another web

I'm not sure I understand ... I sent you the sale link and information via. PM . :P

Scott

Batch#5 update:

6 of 10 orders confirmed -- as of 8:47am MST

These last 4 orders could go quickly ... so PM me for the sale link if your interested.

Scott

Is the antenna and the case included in the purchase of the unit? I apologize in advance if I missed the info in the posting.

Yes, the metal case, whip antenna and power supply are all included with the transmitter.

Batch#4 shipped out last Monday, so some folks could be getting theirs later this week/next weekend.

We are at 7 of 10 confirmed orders for batch#5 ...

[align=center]

*** Batch#5 has ended -- it ended at 8/17 at 4PM MST ***
orders placed during batch#5 will be shipped out within 2 business days and you should recieve your transmitters 10-15 days thereafter ...
[/align]
[line]

[align=center]Batch#6 is now active[/align]
[align=center]edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase: [/align]

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

[align=center]Additional Information: [/align]

• The EDM LCD is very comparable to Ramsey transmitters but at a much lower price point.

• The LCD transmitter includes variable power control and should only be operated in a manner compliant with FCC Part15 regulations. This means making a wise choice of frequency, antenna and operating with the minimum amount of power required for your display. Typically, the included whip-antenna works just fine and provides plenty of transmission range.

• The transmitters include a 2 year mfgr warranty std. compared to 1 year for Ramsey units.

• EDM support is excellent and they also have a yahoo group for owners.

• About 40 users have already purchased an EDM transmitter via. this members only sale in 2008. Feel free to ask them what they think and how the unit works.

• The EDM LCD is a kit, but requires only very basic soldering skills, so it is appropriate for almost almost who can solder a power lead. The kit typically only takes 15 minutes (or less) to assemble.

• If you are looking for a "kit experience", then the Ramsey may be a better choice for you. Many people are afraid of the Ramsey kits or simply cannot afford them ... the EDM LCD is a great "no regrets" alternative.

• Shipping and handling is $12 per order

• Each member can can order up to (2) transmitters.

• Optional shipping insurance is available

• Please don't wait too long to purchase your transmitter if your planning a show for 2008.

• Keep in mind that a backup transmitter is often a good idea -- as the loss of your transmitter can basically be a show stopper.

[align=center]Rules: [/align]

• Once 10 orders are placed, all transmitters will ship out together, usually within 2 business days.

• Each group of 10+ orders is called a batch. So if you miss the current batch, you can always place an order and will be part of the next batch.

• Typically, the first 5 orders goes a little slower than the last 5 orders. I would advise you to place your orders ASAP, so that everyone gets their transmitted in the shortest # of days possible.

• Typically, each batch completes in 1-3 weeks, but depends on member demand.

• On the day 10 orders are received, you can still place orders up till midnight (SA time) that same day ... this is typically PST+9,MST+8,CST+7,EST+6 . So if 10 orders is say reached at 10am EST, then this would mean that the sale would end 8 hours later, or at 6pm EST, or 6+6=12pm SA time.

• This is a "members only" sale, so I will not send you the sale link unless you are a valid member of LOR, PC, SCL or DIYC. New members joining just to participate in the sale will not be permitted.