Light-O-Rama Forums

Longer distance laser lights

caniac

I have a couple of the new laser lights or laser like lights that I use in my show (used to put Halloween or Christmas images on my garage).  It seems most are limited to 15ft and I am looking for something that will throw the image 30+ft or so.  Do they make such an animal or is that just the limit on all those types of lights.

Yes, they make ones that can shoot much farther.  Disney's Epcot Center in Florida projects images on the back side of Spaceship Earth from over a half mile away.  However those are neither in your price or power consumption range :)

I'm not a laser expert, but I suspect that what gets you 15 feet may be a high power as can be used without special licensing.

• 3 weeks later...

What laser images are you using?  I have the standard firefly motion laser that is red and green and I am much further than 15 ft.  These are the landscape type that you can find nowadays at Walmart and other stores for less than 40 bucks  I bought mine from holiday Coro 4 years ago when they were harder to find.  

I have the projection images that are not laser that go 5-10 feet as well. I have moving ghosts for Halloween.   

I would love love to find some lasers with Halloween images......

I have the Chauvet Swarm-5

It's DMX controlled, so you can sequence the lasers/rgb/strobes right along with your other lights. It's a little tediuos to sequence these but worth the effort. I have mine mounted above and behind the viewers to avoid shining the lasers in the thier eyes.

Alan...

20 hours ago, sax said:

That sfx5 laser looks pretty cool.  Do you set it up outside?  If so how you water protect it?

I do set it up outside, only on warm summer nights. It is an indoor unit. I suppose a box could be made to protect it from the wet, but it would be better to bring it in nightly to minmize condensation.

Alan...