Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on old songs

Drac

Hello,

I got a couple songs remastered off of old Disney 45s from the 60's.  Ludwig Mousensky and the All Mouse Symphony Orchestra & Chorus - Jingle Bells and Toyland I will be working on this year.

Neither of these versions are available anymore.  How would be a safe way of sharing?

5 minutes ago, Drac said:

Hello,

I got a couple songs remastered off of old Disney 45s from the 60's.  Ludwig Mousensky and the All Mouse Symphony Orchestra & Chorus - Jingle Bells and Toyland I will be working on this year.

Neither of these versions are available anymore.  How would be a safe way of sharing?

I personally will not share with the public forums anything that cant be purchased somewhere. 

I use mp3million for 95% of my stuff. Amazon for the other. If someone asks me to do a custom sequence and provides there song that's for them only and I mark it as sucj in my folder.

I do suggest any mode of getting a song other than paid. And the site I mention is pennies.

JR

13 minutes ago, Drac said:

Hello,

song # 1 ~ https://us.7digital.com/artist/ludwig-mousensky

Not sure what Jingle Bells or Toyland you have but I can possibly find them

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks.

BTW, it doesn't have Jingle bells, just Winter Wonderland.  i search pretty high and low for it before I paid to have it converted,

Unfortunately even songs out of production {including those that may have never been released in a movie soundtrack} and no longer available for purchase are still copyrighted by the music company that holds the rights to it.  So these music companies can still go after you for sharing the music, even though you can no longer purchase it anywhere, they can make your life very miserable with fines, court and lawyer fees, etc. 

The only way you can share any type of music if it is old enough to have been placed into the Public Domain or was placed there in the first place, if it's not there, you can not share it.  Not unless you get special permission and a release to do so from the music company, and Disney is not one to usually do such things.

Other than that, there really is no legal way to share music with anyone, even though you may own the CD, 45 rpm record or whatever media, including MP3{digital} on your computer hard drive, you still don't own the music or the song, just the media it's encoded on, the music company still retains all rights and ownership of the music.  And they do go after folks sharing music all the time and if caught, it's a very expensive lesson, and sometimes even jail time as well.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked