Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro singing faces mounting/stands ideas

bostonchris81

Hi everyone,

well I have purchased a new house and I am trying to figure out the best way to mount my singing faces or best way to build a stand . My house has a farmers porch out front and I would like to have them on the porch but they have to be high enough to be above the porch railing . I am hoping someone has already had this problem and has a solution for it already ,I haven’t been able to figure out a sturdy enough way myself yet so any ideas would be great .

i was trying to attach a picture but it keeps saying that the file size is too big .

thank you in advance!

Growing up on some big farms Ive never heard of a farmers porch. Is it an open porch or does it have a roof over it?

JR

I place mine on a 2x4 frame like MR. P suggested, but they have legs to place them above and behind the bush's in front of the garage wall. I just put a couple small corner brackets to keep them from sliding off the 2x4. and then attach another bracket at the top attached to the garage wall to keep the wind from blowing them off the 2x4.

Real easy to make in about a half hour, and I store them behind the shed so no problems except the wasps make new nests on them so I have to battle them once a year.

Keith

Just now, bostonchris81 said:

That should be easy. Instead of wood (weight). Get yourseld some 1/2 " to 3/4" pvs pipe. Make a cut down the center. Get some T's and cut them to alighn with the splits to make your frame. Slide the face in between the sides and bottom. Place the top on. Drill a couple holes in back and get some big s or J hooks and hang them from the gutters.

Get yourself some 100 lb mono fishing line and drive a couple 16" spikes from LOwes $$1 each into the ground. Tie the bottoms off. 

It should work very well and not damage that nice house.

JR

That is a pretty good idea , thanks JR

wood is def heavy I have them mounted in 2x4 frames right now,old house I had them standing in the front yard.

6 minutes ago, bostonchris81 said:

That is a pretty good idea , thanks JR

wood is def heavy I have them mounted in 2x4 frames right now,old house I had them standing in the front yard.

I run between 13 and 16 faces each holiday. I have tried everything.

The PVC idea worked on my singing Santa suspended 40' in the air. 

When I say cut it end to end you can use a dado blade or table saw but turn the blade backwards. Just use a little wider blade than the coro, you don't want it to slide easily. Force it it in.

Its some work but will work perfect for your house. Feel free to PM me if you need a better description. If you send me your cell I can text you some pics. I have 3-4 spare frames.

You pay for shipping I will gladly send them your way.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I used good old fashioned T-post, easily available at any Tractor Supply.  We mount our singing faces to cattle wire and then zip tie to T-post.  Makes it wind resistant so that mother nature doesn't trash your display.  PVC is only an option in area's that get no wind.  We had someone here that thought using PVC for the top half of his mega tree (bottom half was rigid EMT) was a cost effective idea.  Worked until the week after Thanksgiving when we had 50mph winds.  PVC elements got twisted up into knots, not a pretty sight.  If you have any kind of wind I have had success using T-post and galvanized pipe for my Mega-tree.