Light-O-Rama Forums

MOVING VISUALIZER FROM S2 TO S4

Patrick Lane

I have been running older software(2.3.8) for some time now and have finally upgraded (S4) for this year.  Is there a way to transfer over the older visualizer in S2 so I do not have to redo in S4?  Does it make sense to even try with the upgrades which have been added in the newer software?

There was no visualizer in S2. That was the animation window. They are two very different things.

No way to convert. You would need to create a new visualizer.

I haven't used S5, so I couldn't tell you anything about it.

Patrick,

Honest opinion, if you're going from that far back, there is little reason to learn all the new stuff in S4, just so you can learn a whole bunch of new for S5 next year.  You are so far back and it's getting fairly late in the year that I really would not recommend trying to learn S5 and convert your show to S5 for 2018.  However, I would plan on starting with S5 right after you are finished with this year's show so you have most of a year to learn the rather major differences going from S2 to S5.

Start watching the tutorials now to give yourself a head start.

If he's using the animation window {NOT visualizer}, why can't he do what I did in S4 {I don't see him asking about S5, but S4}.

All I did was load my original sequences and then re-save them in the newest version I'm using S4 V4.3.34 Pro License, it saved their original channel config and animation file when I re-saved it out in S4

I had to make no changes whatsoever when I upgraded, although I went from S3 to S4, I started with S2, and I don't see why he can't just load in his finished sequences and resave then with the latest version of S4, he'll still have his same animations from the original sequence.   He could also load in the original sequence into S4 and then export the channel config and re-import that in each of his old sequences, but I don't see why he would need to do that, as that would create more work than would be necessary.

However, it would still be prudent to save the channel config file from the new S4 software and set it as the default when creating new musical or animation sequences.  Then when he creates a new sequence of either type, his channels are already in place. 

If he adds in RGB channels, then he'll have to change and update his channel config file to reflect those, just make sure if you're going to add them to older updated sequences in the newer S4 software, they are added to the bottom of the list, or you may have one big mess on your hands that will be a real challenge to straighten out!

Edited by Orville

The OP can do that with the Animator but they asked about Visualizer so the replies were for Visualizer. I believe the OP got the Animator and Visualizer confused.

15 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The OP can do that with the Animator but they asked about Visualizer so the replies were for Visualizer. I believe the OP got the Animator and Visualizer confused.

Like someone stated, there is no visualizer in S2, that came about in early S3 I do believe.  That's why I'm sure he's asking about the animator and not the visualizer and why I covered that in my comments.  

If it is animator he is referring too, it should flow smoothly right into the S4 sequencer.  I still have older sequences that were created with S2 and it imported my S2 animation just fine into S4.

• The topic was locked