Light-O-Rama Forums

Want Just a mega tree!

rondaxmas

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Actually you did, but when you said it, it was a quote of what Rondaxmas said.  When GriswoldStyle quoted you, he pulled the text from the quote of Rondaxmas, rather than either the original test that Rondaxmas said or what you replied.

Thanks Jim- now I did all of the pw changes and asked admin to look into it for nothing.

Even after you said that it took me a few minutes to find it.

JR

Sorry wasn't trying to do that. I saw it above highlighted it and quoted it. Meant to quote the other guy but guess when the page rolled on my mobile I scrolled up and grabbed it from the wrong spot lol .. sorry ???

Edited by GriswoldStyle

58 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Sorry wasn't trying to do that. I saw it above highlighted it and quoted it. Meant to quote the other guy but guess when the page rolled on my mobile I scrolled up and grabbed it from the wrong spot lol .. sorry ???

No worries, anymore LOL

JR

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, I finally had some time away from everything and got the software connected and working on my old laptop. I connected some strands of lights onto one regular controller that I bought with the basic version and the lights came on.   I then plugged the CCRs into the Pixi16 Controller   Everything I bought only had one 50 ft cable to connect things to.  And I also bought the E485 connector.   I plugged the 485 connector into the laptop and the other end into the 16 controller.  How do I connect the Pixi16 controller?  Do I need another Connector or wire.   Also, should I buy extra CCR in case one of the ones I bought doesn't work.  I haven't been able to test them yet.  My son is going to home depot with me this weekend to buy the conduit or wood to put the tree together.   I bought the extra 16 controller to use for the 6 channel star for the top of the tree.  What do I do with the other 10 wires on that controller that won't be connected to anything?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

15 minutes ago, rondaxmas said:

Thank you, I finally had some time away from everything and got the software connected and working on my old laptop. I connected some strands of lights onto one regular controller that I bought with the basic version and the lights came on.   I then plugged the CCRs into the Pixi16 Controller   Everything I bought only had one 50 ft cable to connect things to.  And I also bought the E485 connector.   I plugged the 485 connector into the laptop and the other end into the 16 controller.  How do I connect the Pixi16 controller?  Do I need another Connector or wire.   Also, should I buy extra CCR in case one of the ones I bought doesn't work.  I haven't been able to test them yet.  My son is going to home depot with me this weekend to buy the conduit or wood to put the tree together.   I bought the extra 16 controller to use for the 6 channel star for the top of the tree.  What do I do with the other 10 wires on that controller that won't be connected to anything?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Yes, you need to connect another cable from the AC controller to the pixie, or from the adapter to the pixie and from pixie to AC, the order doesn't matter

Hopefully you purchased the red 485 adapter since it can be used for any network and speed

Call if you need to, I can give you some advice as well

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 10/18/2018 at 3:18 PM, Orville said:

What are you trying to install on the laptop in question?  Just the LOR Software suite and which version?

I'll try and get it working for you, will send you a PM with my address and everything once I know what you are needing done, I may be able to do it for you.

Send me a PM with all the info and we can take it from there.

I only bought the black connector Rs485.  I keep getting an error with unable to locate port....and it says Comm1 Error, also for the show time software suite, do i  choose classic or pixels to run CCRs. Thanks

1 hour ago, rondaxmas said:

I only bought the black connector Rs485.  I keep getting an error with unable to locate port....and it says Comm1 Error, also for the show time software suite, do i  choose classic or pixels to run CCRs. Thanks

Very sorry was tied up so unable to answer your call and didn’t see the text.

You are welcome to call me.

JR

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Very sorry was tied up so unable to answer your call and didn’t see the text.

You are welcome to call me.

JR

You are so helpful to everyone. Thanks for all you do for this hobby!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

You are so helpful to everyone. Thanks for all you do for this hobby!

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Hear hear.

I remember!

I may not be able to help you guys and a lot of others however if I have the knowledge and can steer someone my way I will stop what I am doing to assist.

JR

• Thanks 1