Light-O-Rama Forums

importing s4 sequences into s5

Baldwin154

I made the leap from s4 into s5 and am prepared for some pain in getting my old s4 sequences to work. So I imported a s4 sequence and can only see the pixel channels being displayed in the preview window. all the other AC channels are there but are not displaying. the lor site has no video tutorials as yet for s4 importing into s5. anyone had this problem?

Interesting, your pixel channels worked, but your AC channels did not????   hmm for most of us its the other way around.   

A couple of suggestions.      First, in the preview,  double check that second tab at the top and take care of any conflicts, channel assignments sometimes have not translated right (at least on mine).  

Review the videos  Default made    see this thread 

Then after that, if your still having problems, the first place I would recommend you start is with your preview,  getting that right is making a world of difference for me.     

Good luck !!!    I'm sure Light-o-Rama will get those tutorials out as soon as they can, but from all the things I've done, its got to be very challenging.   I bounced a few times to S5 then back to S4, then back to S5,    I'm finally making some decent headway but its been challenging.   I really like what S5 has to offer, and can see future growth that will make it even better.  But such a change from S4 is going to be tough for a lot of us.       Happy lighting ... :)   

• 1 month later...

I'm Having trouble importing my sequences into S5 From S4 it does not see the channels correctly and archives the channel. Is there a way to unarchive them after it does this?