Light-O-Rama Forums

Slight notice of lag on new pixie2 for arches

GriswoldStyle

Just curious if anyone else notices a slight hint of lag with their pixel arches when a fast part of a sequence comes on. Was just testing mine out last night after I built two more pixel arches and noticed when a fast section comes on it's almost like it struggles to keep up in misses some colors. For example I have a fast-paced song where it changes from White to blue rapidly and a couple times I noticed it actually had a red pixel sneek in here or there. I checked the sequence and there is no red anywhere. But for a split second I did notice and kept replaying it and noticed it in different sections as well.

I tried to get a video but it would not come out I'm just wondering how quickly can I change colors and things without experiencing any Mis-information being sent to the pixel or as I call it lag.

This was just running off of sequence editor controlling lights on my computer with the pixels at 100% scale I only had two sets of 50 running off of one pixie2. But this is my first year of entering into pixels so maybe somebody can offer some suggestions to get rid of that issue. It's hardly noticeable but when I turned all the lights off in the house there is sections that were noticeable where only one pixel randomly would do that but it was never the same one twice.  I take that back where was a couple times it was the same pixel twice. Could it be because my computer is slow as heck? Lol

Also noticed pixels seem clustered in groups if that makes sense. where it changes quickly the first five look bright and then there's maybe the sixth one it looks like it's a little slightly dimmer around the arch at random. I know my vision is going to crap lately but even my kids noticed that but it's only at the fast parts of changes in the song where white is involved.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Try making a show file for that sequence and play it with the show player. There is often a little lag with SE even with a strong PC as it has a lot more overhead than the show player.

• Like 1

Thank you for that suggestion. I will give that a try this afternoon. Was a bit busy this morning as a bunch of us in the neighborhood decided to get together with the hoa president and do some community service for one of the elderly couples in our neighborhood to trim up the trees, pressure wash the house and clean up their yard. Needless to say I ended up falling asleep on the couch after we got back and took showers lol. That sun wore me out.

• The topic was locked