Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL from a CMB24 to a 1602 Controller

indi

I have an extra 1602 controller that I plan on letting my neighbor use in his yard. I am using 5 1602 controllers and the CMB24 is the last link in the daisy chain. Can I connect one of the ELL's to the CMB24 to transmit to a 1602 controller. The other question is, I have 2 units that are unit #2, I have my unit #2 for a spiral tree and I have the other 1602 also as unit#2 so the neighbor could use my other spiral tree. This way I wouldn't have to modify my sequences. Will this work?

Thanks

1 hour ago, indi said:

I have 2 units that are unit #2, I have my unit #2 for a spiral tree and I have the other 1602 also as unit#2 so the neighbor could use my other spiral tree. This way I wouldn't have to modify my sequences. Will this work? 

Yep, that will work just fine.

1 hour ago, indi said:

I am using 5 1602 controllers and the CMB24 is the last link in the daisy chain. Can I connect one of the ELL's to the CMB24 to transmit to a 1602 controller.

Maybe.  The ELL depends on getting power to operate from a nearby controller.  I don't believe that the CMB24 can supply power to the ELL, but the 1602s will.  So, depending on Cat-5 cable length between the ELL and the nearest 1602 will dictate how well that will work.  However, there is nothing that says that the ELL has to go at the end of the string.  Run a short Cat-5 cable from one of the 1602s to the ELL, and then a cable from the ELL to the next controller.  You can chose a location near your existing controllers where the radio signal will work nicely between the two ELLs.