Light-O-Rama Forums

Shipping

Wayne K

Wow! LOR shipped me (1) cmd-24 board (3) usb red adapters (4 ) RJ-45 Waterproof dangles. 25.70 for shipping

Wayne

Seems about right with ups rates. Ups isn't cheap. Shipping cost keep going up every year with them. 

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Unfortunately we are so often fooled about actual shipping costs.  When we actually see the real price, it seems very high.  As a comparison, yesterday I paid $16.00 shipping for 5ml of liquid (about a teaspoon) from San Diego to the Los Angeles area.

That does seem a little high for the weight/volume of what you ordered, my order was $35 shipping but had a ctb16 controller, 500' spool spt1, pair ELL's and a few more not heavy bulky items, so I thought my shipping was in line with the volume/weight order.

Keith

Remember LOR charges a "shipping and Handling fee" not just a shipping fee.  Shipping prices have really gone up over the last few years across the board.  I've been working on something to start selling and shipping prices are pretty high all around.... try shipping 1000' feet of spt1 wire,21 pounds, $50 plus bucks unless you can fit it in a flat rate box.

Whenever possible, use those USPS Flat Rate mailers (boxes).  Usually, you can ship anything that fits IN the box for a single flat rate.

AND the box is FREE (can only be used for the Labeled Classes)

I can attest to the shipping cost is high. UPS is very high and I now use FedEx only for shipping my wire frames. I wish I could use the Flat Rate boxes, but nothing I ship will fit in them. I have to make my own boxes to help keep the cost of shipping down. I have noticed that some try to use a one size box for shipping which will drive up the cost for smaller items.

Greyhound Freight- absolutely the cheapest for large/ very large items. I have shipped car doors, tires, wheels and even a hood. You just have to be patiend as it works its way around the country.

JR

• Like 1

• The topic was locked