Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem compressing sequence

PKingRoch

I keep getting the same error "Cannot allocate new play event node" when trying to run the sequence compressor on one of my sequences.  I know from past experience, the show will only run well if the sequence is compressed.  How can I get this done?

I want to add more elements to my sequences, but this one is holding me up.

Thanks!
Paul

In case anyone else runs across this, adding the LARGEADDRESSAWARE switch to the image header with editbin fixed the issue.

LOR - any possibility of getting a 64-bit version of S4 to help eliminate these issues?  I have a P10 panel I need to add next and I expect that S4 will not handle it since it will almost double my channel count.

Thanks!
Paul

I can pretty well guarantee there won’t be a 63 bit version of S4.  S5 maybe, but not S4.

FYI, I’m running about 66K channels for 2018 in S5 without problems including a P5 and a P10 panel.

Hmmm - I wonder if there is any chance of putting that code under an OSS license.  I'd work on it if it were in the public domain.

Paul

11 minutes ago, PKingRoch said:

Hmmm - I wonder if there is any chance of putting that code under an OSS license.  I'd work on it if it were in the public domain.

Paul

I would guess not. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PKingRoch said:

Yeah - I finally created a sequence that I can't compress...  Sure wish we had a 64-bit compressor.

How large is the sequence file?

39 minutes ago, PKingRoch said:

Yeah, and I'm finding that trying to add a P10 panel just about kills v4.

I realize that it's really too late in the season to learn new software, but after the first of the year, start looking seriously at S5.  For 2018 I'm sequencing 66K channels with S5 without any issues at all.

Understood on S5, but too far in now for anything new.  I won't know how this will run until I can get setup.  I'm afraid that if the sequence isn't compressed that it will never run correctly in the v4 show software.

Do you have the option of running it as intensity files.  That completely eliminates the need to compress.  All of my 2017 .lms files were under 1K bytes (there was only one channel in the sequence and it was always on).  Everything else was in the intensity file.

How would I do that?  Everything is in the lms file at this time as XML.  Is there something that will convert the LMS file to an intensity file?

Were the sequences created entirely in Sequence Editor, or were all or parts created in Pixel Editor or SuperStar?

In my case EVERYTHING (except the one always on channel) was created in SuperStar.

I never used PE in S4, but I recall that there is a way to import / export it into PE and back as an Intensity file.  Send a message to Matt and ask him.  He can fill in what I only sort of know.

That may be a possibility, let me check it out!  There is information in the help system on migration to PE for existing SE.

2 hours ago, PKingRoch said:

That may be a possibility, let me check it out!  There is information in the help system on migration to PE for existing SE.

Not sure if this can happen in SE however last year I kept getting that same error on MJ Thiller Matrix sequence. It was a purchased sequence. 

After many hours with help from Brian he discovered there were ramps in the beginning and end of the sequence that extended past the audio. We took out those ramps and the error somewhat went away. I had to then copy paste that from the SS DMX channels individually. But it got the job done.

Why SE didn't catch my problem is a mystery. It should have errored out stating the length of the song is shorter than the sequence or something, then I wouldn't have spent countless hours and several help calls to figure it out.

JR

Jim - you're a lifesaver! 

I pulled in some of my RGB props into PE and now I have a compressed LMS file of 450MB, an LMS file of 1GB and a lid file of about 60k.  What a difference! 

I only pulled in some of the old props that I've used and already had in the visualizer.  I've stopped checking sequences on LOR for a couple of years now as I do most of my work in xLights and then bring them back into LOR so I can run my show.  I use MIIP, so I still need LOR.  I believe all I need to run the show is the LMS, the LCS and the LID file.  The rest of the stuff there is just for PE, right?