Light-O-Rama Forums

Error exporting to S5 sequence editor

debtoews

SS error comes up stating I need to decrease the number of effects?  Failed to allocate memory   Cannit build channel commands.  Reduce the number of effects in the sequence.  ChannelElementsSize: 8256000.   Are you kidding me?   Then SS just sits and spins.   I just upgraded to S5 hoping to resolve issues.  Anyone got any suggestions?   This sequence is DMX 24x50 tree.  thanks

8.25 million channels!  You are the Queen, Deb!!!

Checking for the obvious first, I assume you have a SuperStar license that covers 24 CCRs (or 3600 channels)?  I have no idea where it came up with 8+ million channels...

Yes I am the Queen!  lol. I believe my license is 40ccrs.  This sequence has a lot of video maybe thats why?

correction. its not video. its gif files converted to images and a long song

Edited by debtoews

channelElements are something used by SuperStar while it is compiling the sequence. The limit is 8 million. In my testing I never exceeded this limit but I apparently did not do a sequence with a lot of images in a long song!

Can you zip up the .sup file and email it to brian@superstarlights.com ?  That is assuming the zip file is of a size that it can be emailed.

Also, if you are using a visualization file I will need you to email that to me as well.

The basic issue was that SuperStar was out of memory. I now have SuperStar compiled in a way that doubles the amount of memory it can use. This fixes the above problem. The fix will be in the next release.

I am running into this too.  All of my 2018 sequences were my 2017 sequences that were modified for my 2018 layout.  Primarily that was changing my 12 x 50 pixel tree to a 24 x 100 pixel tree.  That also meant that several props had to be move on the grid since the tree now took up far more space.  I also split a lot of scenes apart where I had previously often had multiple props that were going to flash together in the same scene, but I split them into separate scenes because that will make my life easier dealing with S5.  All the sequences were modified with whatever was the S5 beta at the time (between March and July of this year).

Because I'm running out of time,  for the most part instead of using the Insert SuperStar Effects and then copying the effects and pasting them one at a time to get them into S5 Sequencer, I am just doing an export from SS in legacy format to get the data into S5 Sequencer.  On  some of my sequences, I am getting the out of memory error.  The other part I have noticed is that if I can successfully export one song, if I try another one, I get the memory error.  Exiting SS and restarting it does NOT clear the problem.  A shutdown of the PC does clear the problem.

Brian, if you would like me to test your revised version that you mentioned in the previous post, PM me the file and I'll happily test it (as I have done many times in the past).

BTW, this is a high end gaming computer with Windows 10 Pro and LOR 5.1.2 Pro.

42 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

The latest release of S5 which is 5.1.2 has the increased memory change. What version are you using?

I just checked and the increased memory change did not make it into the 5.1.2 release (my fault)

Jim, send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and I can give you a new SSEdit.exe that you can test form me and see if you still get the "out of memory" error